SASS Wire Forum

Checotah

OK, ever since the change over to this new version of the SASS Wire, I cannot find instructions on how to get my avatar to appear in my posts. The "Help" topics page says:

--------------------------------

Help Topic: Your Control Panel (My Controls)

The control panel is where you set up your personal preferences for the
board. You can change how the board looks and operates for you from
here.

Personal Profile

Edit Profile Information:
Here you can specify your own personal information, such as your birthdate and contact information.

Edit Personal Portal Information:
You can change your personal statement, notification and moderation options from this section.

Edit Signature:
You
can view and manage your signature from here. You may use BBcode to
format your signature (to link to images, etc.) or even HTML if the
board administrator has allowed it.

Edit Avatar Settings:
You can view and manage your personal avatar from here. You may choose an avatar
from the board's gallery, link to an offsite image (the image will be
resized if it is larger than the dimensions allowed by the board
administrator) or upload an image from your computer to use as your avatar.

--------------------------

My problem is that when I go to "My Profile" via the drop down menu upper right corner of website with my alias, next to "signout", I don't see those options. I do see my photo (what I once posted thinking it would be my avatar), but I do not see the options described above.

When I go to "My Settings" from that dropdown, I do see, in the left hand panel, options for Profile Settings (no avatar setting), Email and Password (no avatar setting), Signature (no avatar setting), etc. I do not see the referenced sections.

How the heck do I get where I need to be to set my avatar to be in my posts?

Tried that, Matthew. Still no luck. Thanks for the suggestion.

In re-reading the instructions (above) it references "My Controls". I guess that's what I cannot find. I see nothing so labeled.

Don't click on My Profile. Click on My Settings. You'll get a General Account Settings page. Click on Change My Photo.

OK, that worked. Thx, UB.

Strange thing, is that's what I did some time back, and the photo was there but didn't show up.

Anyone know why the instructions that I copied/posted don't match what is presented?

Howdy Y'all - Maybe I'm a computer moron, but when I try to insert a photo, it always tells me the file is too large and will not set the photo. Any thoughts?

-Casper Kid

Archived