SASS Wire Forum

Need an artist for my book cover,

Some of you might remember that I have written a book. It's been edited, and I talked to a guy at ebookit.com about e-publishing earlier today.

However, I need a cover artist. I thought I had somebody lined up, but she was apparently so "full of fun" last night when we agreed to meet that she forgot when to be there. She left me a message that she couldn't remember when, which I got an hour after we were supposed to meet. I tried calling her back, only to find that her voice mail isn't set up!

So anyway, if any of you Tucson Pards know of someone, please let me know.

This is something that will have to be hand drawn. That's why I can't use ebookit's cover people. They just try to find something off the Internet and stick it on your book.

The picture will involve landscape, vehicles, and people.

Sgt. C.J. Sabre

This is going to sound weird, but it may help you out.

Check with some of the tattooists in your area - especially those who do a lot of freehand work [designs not strictly based on stencils/flash]. They have the ability to give your design the detail it needs in a smaller scale. Detail that might be lost when a large piece is reduced to book cover size. A good number of tattoo artist are not only skilled with a tattoo gun, but also with pencil, pen, ink and paint.

Also check with some of the local airbrush artists. One of them might like to have their artwork on the cover of your novel.

Professor Tull

Contact art teachers at local high schools and colleges. What an opportunity for a young artist to get some exposure. Make it a contest...you will get by for a lot less than you would pay a commercial artist.

Whatcha looking for? Color, pen & ink, pencil? Do you envision a landscape, a portrait or a Fabio bodice ripper?

You see very few of artists can fill all of those shoes. I know I can't, With a little more info, I might be able to say I could help you out. PM on the way.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Year's ago... back when I was sufferin' from a ravaging GSW infection... from a much earlier, unhealed wound.... the great Forty Rod sent me his book... Cavanaugh: The Last Bounty....

I read the book durin' extremes of morphine.... and pain... and I illustrated some rather exotically graphic... X-rated... and viciously bloody... imagined scenes associated with the book. Don't remember drawin' 'em... but I have been offered $3k for just the rights to the pics. sheesssshhhh... that much money... for what I consider a bunch of simple drawin's.

Forty Rod's book... was great... and I plan on readin' it again in July... and look again at those violent pics.

ts

Archived