SASS Wire Forum

Duel in the desert great fun

What a great shoot, a little warm but fun fun fun!! fast stages, but kept you thinking, no "P" traps if you did your part. lots of good folks lunch provided both days in the entry fee, Got your brass back. Gilly and Silverado ordered wind so that us Black powder shooters could see the targets. Posses worked great, and hell it's Tombstone and Wyatt Earp days. If you missed this shoot make plans for next year.

Rafe

Had a great time other than the very first stage that I shot. 10 pistol and 8+ shotgun. My first pistol shot was a miss, got the rest of the pistol and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the shotgun. Either 12 or 14 shotgun!! Definitely ugly. No problem from there forward, but not a great start for a match. (Had an excuse for the pistols - just got them back with new grips and action job). No excuse for the shotgun.

I'll be there again next year.

Barry Sloe

+1 to what Rafe and Barry said. The weather was good (read a little breezy for us bp shooters), the stages were fun and the folks running it, Gilly Boy and Silverado did a great job. Cowboy Doug andTequilla Terry were fine hosts and provided very tasty lunches. All in all, a good match. Sign me up for next year.

Congrats to you Rafe Conager for 1st place in Frontier Cartridge Duelist! Nicely done.

Buckeye Pete :FlagAm:

Archived