SASS Wire Forum

WTB 97 Solid Frame Barrel

Looking for a solid frame barrel with good bore. Or will buy entire solid frame to get the barrel. If you have one let me know. Thanks.

Does it have to be a Solid Frame Barrel? I have 6 Winchester 1897 barrels, all from take-down models. Also have 1 Mag tube assembly for a take-down.

These barrels have the two little milled slots where the two screw hold the Clamp to the barrel. Looks like 2 of them are Special order 32 inch, 2 of them 30 inch and 2 are cut short around 20 inch. One has the collar on it and 1 has the Mag tube ring. 1 had rifle sights added, probably for a slug gun. Let me know if you can use these or not. Thanks. IMG_0337.jpg

Jake

I bought a couple first generation Norinco barrels from Coyote Cap and had the late Bob Shaw put them on a C series 1897 solid frame and a 1887, This has been ten years ago and both guns are still going strong.

Bob said the threads on the first gen. Norincos were the same as the Winchester 97's and all he had to do was chase the threads before he installed them. The only marking on the barrels is 12GA.

I don't know if Cap has any more of these but if you want to just get a gun back up and running it might be worth looking into.

Willy B'

Archived