SASS Wire Forum

Manchin (D-WV) to re-introduce Background check bill

Calvin N. Hobbes, 17218

Today Rep. Manchin (D-WV) said he is re-introducing his legislation which was recently defeated because, to paraphrase, "people didn't understand it the first time". This is a very dangerous tactic since most of us are exhausted from the previous battle. The clear tactic is to keep introducing this legislation until people get so disgusted they let it pass! This technique has been used in the past. Keep telling the same story with the same distorted "facts" and eventually people give in. I had to write my legislators AGAIN this morning to protest this new bill. Support for new gun legislation may be waning but that has nothing to do with a few rabid anti-gun legislators furthering their personal agendas

http://kuow.org/post/sen-manchin-says-background-checks-bill-will-pass-next-time

Why has no one pointed out that you can not buy a gun over the internet without a background check. Every one I've bought on line was sent to a local FFL dealer who had me fill out a 4473 and have a background check.

Why has no one pointed out that you can not buy a gun over the internet without a background check. Every one I've bought on line was sent to a local FFL dealer who had me fill out a 4473 and have a background check.

It has been. Repeatedly. They just parrot the same old lies the same old way, only louder. Classic Big Lie tactics.

I emailed Mr. Manchin this question over the weekend. I also asked if his bill would prevent me from selling a gun to another individual. I have not or except to receive an answer. if by some strange reason he does reply, I will post it here.

Archived