SASS Wire Forum

Pat Garrett Match

T-Bone SASS #36388

After a great trip down under last year and shooting the Australian Nationals, I asked Virgil Earp if we could take the Pat Garrett match back to the States with us ???? Pat Garrett ????? Well let me explain... You get to shoot a regular cowboy stage and include a long range big bore single shot or lever gun.. After shooting the match, I thought it would be great to include Pat Garrett with Senior Games 2013. BUT WAIT !!!!! Lets do it Texas style and include Wild Bunch, Smokeless,Plainsman and Black powder cartridge. This way we can shoot the match with all our friends. The Texas Rules have changed a bit, but the game is the same. Lots of shootin' and bring those long range big bore rifles with you to Senior Games.

Now this only meant to be a side match, there is no overall winner, just class and gender split Champions. The wild bunch still shoots lots of 1911 rounds and a few extra shot shells. In Australia last year if my memory is correct they had over 100 shooters in the Pat Garrett match to include Nuttin' Graceful and Whiskey Creek Johnson. We hope you enjoy and remember it's for fun, fun, fun. Thanks T-Bone

Archived