SASS Wire Forum

Info on the Rossi 92

Noticed that some of the Rossi 92's come with a semi buckhorn rear sight and some come with a cheaper looking blade rear sight. Is their specific models that distinguish which ones come with the nicer semi buckhorn sight.

I have a number of the EMF Hartfords models and they come with buchhorn rear sights. I love them and also they all have the Hammer cock safty like the orginal Winchesters.

Just a comment....you can have a full or half buckhorn put on any rifle....I have them on all of my 66's and 73's and I love them. The real fast shooters say they restrict picking up a target, but I'm not that fast to start with.

KK

I have two 92s. One is a hartford model with the Semi Buckhorn circa 2009 or 10. Looks good but recoil causes the elevator slider to move. The elevator ramp has flat steps. The older Rossi Puma is a carbine from about 1995 it has the cheezy stamped sight but the elevator ramp on it is notched and never changes on recoil.

I have toyed with the idea of tapping the sight of the Hartford and bending it slightly to get more tension on the elevator ramp. As long as I am not shooting long range the sight all the way down works great. Much easier to pick up than the cheezy sight.

Am intersted in hearing if any one else is experiencing the elevation change.

I have two 92s. One is a hartford model with the Semi Buckhorn circa 2009 or 10. Looks good but recoil causes the elevator slider to move. The elevator ramp has flat steps. The older Rossi Puma is a carbine from about 1995 it has the cheezy stamped sight but the elevator ramp on it is notched and never changes on recoil.

I have toyed with the idea of tapping the sight of the Hartford and bending it slightly to get more tension on the elevator ramp. As long as I am not shooting long range the sight all the way down works great. Much easier to pick up than the cheezy sight.

Cpt,

Bending it would be the easy fix.

From about 2000 to about 2009 the EMF Hartford model of the Rossi 92 had the Tall semi Buckhorn and 3/32 brass front. The LSI imported Puma version of the Rossi 92 had the stampedout cheaper flattop and post.

The current m92 imported by Braztech, a sub of taurus has the tall Semi Buck and and 3/32 brass front.

For CAS they work fairly well, although some prefer the flattop.

But, what I have found with the folks that use these guns with full power loads the tall semi won't adjust low enough so the gun tends to shoot too high.

I bought a 92 about a year or so ago. I have the same problem with the elevator ramp. I try to remember to check it at the loading table. It hasn't been too much of a problem, so I haven't done anything about it.

Cpt,

Bending it would be the easy fix.

From about 2000 to about 2009 the EMF Hartford model of the Rossi 92 had the Tall semi Buckhorn and 3/32 brass front. The LSI imported Puma version of the Rossi 92 had the stampedout cheaper flattop and post.

The current m92 imported by Braztech, a sub of taurus has the tall Semi Buck and and 3/32 brass front.

For CAS they work fairly well, although some prefer the flattop.

But, what I have found with the folks that use these guns with full power loads the tall semi won't adjust low enough so the gun tends to shoot too high.

Thanks Nate, I really do like the way the rifle runs, your work is magic.

Archived