SASS Wire Forum

Words in red in titles and text

Outlaw Gambler

I see some of the words in titles and posts that are underlined and in red. If I click on the red word it takes me out of the SASS wire and to a directory. I cliked on doctor and got a page listing dr's in my area. Anyone else getting this, or do I have a computer problem.

I get them too.

I just got a new 'puter and using Mozilla for the first time. I'm thinking that it has something to do with Mozilla.

EC

Can you be a little more specific. Give us an example of a word that is hyperlinked and the directory name that it is pointing to on your computer.

It is not a Firefox thing, something else is weird.

Willie, in your first post the word Firefox is in red with double underlining. In your second post the word Nikon DSL in your profile is in red with double underlining. In Brother Kings Shot Show post the first sentence has the word shot show in red and in the last line the word manufacturing is in red.

I'm thinking that you are infected with some kind of Malware or ActiveX script which is doing this.

If you're not running it already, download Malwarebytes and run it.

Yup. Its a redirect thing. Had one last year.

Malwarebyte got rid of it. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of an unwanted tool bar and search engine that has taken over for google. Ever heard of Vgrabber. Went to remove programs and found it in the listing and removed it. Doesn't show in listing but still comes up.

Malwarebyte got rid of it. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of an unwanted tool bar and search engine that has taken over for google. Ever heard of Vgrabber. Went to remove programs and found it in the listing and removed it. Doesn't show in listing but still comes up.

Now try and see if it's still in IE. Go to Settings ( the gear in the upper right) and select "Manage Add-Ons" and see if it is listed.

vgrabber is not listed. I had to do a file search and found it in three locations. Deleted all three into the recycle bin and then emptied the bin. Damn vgrabber still comes up as search engine even though I have chrome as default. :angry:

vgrabber is not listed. I had to do a file search and found it in three locations. Deleted all three into the recycle bin and then emptied the bin. Damn vgrabber still comes up as search engine even though I have chrome as default. mad.gif

Do you mean that you have Google as the default search engine in IE, which is set up by going to Settings-Internet Options-General-Change Search Defaults-Settings ??

Sorry for the stupid questions, just trying to understand your problem.

Archived