SASS Wire Forum

MEC Loader 410 and 20 gauge info only

Come On Christmas

My buddy asked me to look in Pawn shops in here about DFW cause he be living in the Schticks and I enjoy doing research and searches on the net.

Think I may buy me a 3" 410 model and my bud a 2 1/2" for my bud for his Judge pistol.

What do I look for that might be missing? Are the charge bars standard on these? Adjustable?

ThinQ very much in advance,

Passing Wind

(My Indigenous native moniker) s

My buddy asked me to look in Pawn shops in here about DFW cause he be living in the Schticks and I enjoy doing research and searches on the net.

Think I may buy me a 3" 410 model and my bud a 2 1/2" for my bud for his Judge pistol.

What do I look for that might be missing? Are the charge bars standard on these? Adjustable?

ThinQ very much in advance,

Passing Wind

(My Indigenous native moniker) s

Howdy Passing Wind :-)

Well, yes, you will need (generally speaking a 1/2 ounce bar for the 2.5 in and a 5/8 bar for the 3" or pop for an adjustable bar that you can swap back and forth between the two. By the way, .410 are really rather difficult to load and the head is quite thin and tends to expand when setting the primer causing it to not fit in the chamber. The way around this is to be very light handed in the setting (I never mastered that) or get a MEC super sizer (kinda expensive - but worth it if you shoot a lot of 410). Also, 7, 7,5, 8, 8.5, 9 are not too bad to load but 6-5-4 will hang in the down tube and you will spill the shot everywhere (unless you have a small wooden dowel rod to gently tap the tube to free up the shot jam. Like I said - they can be a bear till you get the hang of them - they are not fast to load like a 20 or a 12.

STL Suomi

MEC charge bars come fixed or with changeable bushings.

I use a replacement called Universal Charge Bar for MEC loaders. Shot and powder charges are then fully adjustable.

I have a MEC 9000G in 410 with the adjustable charge bar that I would consider selling for $275 plus shipping. This unit also has the larger shot bottle installed. I do not have the standard solid bar and bushings for it but it makes good skeet loads. (I never load anything larger than #8.5's for skeet.) I have loaded a bunch of 2 1/2 inch shells for skeet on this machine but am now going to Ponsness Warren. The PW does a little better job of holding the skinny shell since it has a full length shell holder. I want the PW since it can handle the volume I need a bit quicker. I don't know of anything wrong with the MEC except it probably needs a good cleaning. Let me know if you are interested. I am in SC and have no idea what the shipping would cost but the machine is not light.

General Ledger.

I have a MEC 9000G in 410 with the adjustable charge bar that I would consider selling for $275 plus shipping. This unit also has the larger shot bottle installed. I do not have the standard solid bar and bushings for it but it makes good skeet loads. (I never load anything larger than #8.5's for skeet.) I have loaded a bunch of 2 1/2 inch shells for skeet on this machine but am now going to Ponsness Warren. The PW does a little better job of holding the skinny shell since it has a full length shell holder. I want the PW since it can handle the volume I need a bit quicker. I don't know of anything wrong with the MEC except it probably needs a good cleaning. Let me know if you are interested. I am in SC and have no idea what the shipping would cost but the machine is not light.

General Ledger.

Archived