SASS Wire Forum

ROBBING THE OLD NO. 2

Conway Kid, SASS # 34212

:FlagAm: Ever since I was a kid, (well actually I still am), going to Wild West City in N.J. my favorite thing was riding on the train. Of course it always got robbed which was the best part. Being a train nut, I collect old Lionel Trains, I've always wanted to rob one. Well next Friday I get my chance. My train club has chartered the train for a trip and when I found out, of course I suggested the holdup. The train runs from Tavares Fl to Lake Gem Fl, about a 2 hour trip. You've all seen this train. It was in "There Will Be Blood", the new "True Grit", "Appaloosa" and "3:10 to Yuma". With help from some of the Not So Young Guns we plan to have a fun day. First robbing it and then riding it the rest of the trip. Sometimes you really do get what you wish for when you were young. :D

:FlagAm: Ever since I was a kid, (well actually I still am), going to Wild West City in N.J. my favorite thing was riding on the train. Of course it always got robbed which was the best part. Being a train nut, I collect old Lionel Trains, I've always wanted to rob one. Well next Friday I get my chance. My train club has chartered the train for a trip and when I found out, of course I suggested the holdup. The train runs from Tavares Fl to Lake Gem Fl, about a 2 hour trip. You've all seen this train. It was in "There Will Be Blood", the new "True Grit", "Appaloosa" and "3:10 to Yuma". With help from some of the Not So Young Guns we plan to have a fun day. First robbing it and then riding it the rest of the trip. Sometimes you really do get what you wish for when you were young. :D

That sounds like a whole lot of fun!

Spittoon

My Grandson (Buckshot Ryan) and I went to Idaho State's shoot,On the way home we stopped in Baker city,Oregon.Our River trip down Hell's canyon was delayed a day-So in the hotel lobby ,found a flyer for a Steam train ride in a little Gold mining town-Sumpter Valley Raiload-Buckshot

said Hey Grandpa,Lets put on our Cowboy clothes and go fer a ride!Didn't have to twist my arm.

We wore our TEN gallon Hoss hats,roping cuffs,spurs w/jingle bobs and we was lookin GOOOOD.We bought our tickets in the 1880,s depot and went for a ride.All the passengers got a kick out of it,A lady from Sweden asked to have her picture take with us because she never met real COWBOY's before.A little boy 3 or 4 years old thought we was train robbers when we pulled our scarfs over our face,It was a hoot!

Conway,Your sure to have a good time and dress the part well!!

and take pictures

D-Wayne

A local group of old west reenactors asked me to join them for a few shootouts at the local fair. We used black powder blanks for lots of smoke and noise. The fair has a train that takes people around the fairgrounds (rubber wheels rather than tracks but it's still cool). During our down time we had one of the girls lay down in it's path. When the train stopped she and a few others of us robbed the train and took off with a bag of loot. Of course the law happened to be there and all of us train robbers got shot. I think I died 3 times that day. We had a great time.

The Black Hills Shootists rob the 1880 Steam Train about 5 times a year, it runs from Hill City, SD to Keystone and back. I got to participate once this year and had a hoot. My wife was one of the "passengers". During the shoot out most of us died, but there was lots of guns blazing. The tourists on the train had a blast. We didn't rob it that day, but stopped it to pull a philanderer off the train and hang him in a nearby tree. The sheriff and posse showed up and ruined our revenge.

• 2 weeks later...

photo_gallery_5#Previous

Here is a shot of the cast and the engine. Everyone in my train club enjoyed the show, not to mention how much we cowboys had. I didn't realize this is the only working wood burning steam engine in the country. We had a great time and may be able to do some more holdups next year. Hope so. :lol:/> If the link above doesn't work just go to www.thenotsoyoungguns.com

Archived