SASS Wire Forum

My Marlin carbine is now "Slickamatic"

Irish Pat

I just want to thank Slide McClade for the action and carrier work on my daughter's 1894-C 357 carbine. I never expected to run as smooth and cycle as well as it does now. I shot "Hellfire" at his club last weekend and he loaned me his own rifle as mine wasn't ready. I didn't expect mine to cycle as good as his but I think mine is actually better. I just got a chance to shoot mine today and ran all my screwed up reloads( meaning bullets jammed so far down in the case they can hardly be seen) and they worked through the action with no jams..Thanks again for the great job and loan of your personal rifle to shoot an entire match...Irish Pat, sass 19486

Im waiting too but since he just received it today ill wait a bit. No rush slick. Take your time with your shoots. Ill wait for my masterpiece patiently!

I think you mean Widdermatic, named after the man who basically redesigned the Marlin for a perfect speed gun. No one thought a Marlin could get this smooth. I got one from Slick to and em lookin forward to shooting it this next match. Happy shootin pards.

Archived