SASS Wire Forum

What to do about revolvers that shoot six inches low.

Guest Pecos River Bob

How about try shooting six inch higher and see what happens before filing on them front sights. Once it's taken off, it's hard to put back. Just sayin'.

Good luck. I'm outta here before someone ream me on this.

Adios

I. M. Crossdraw

Can't be fixed.....so I'll give you $100.00 each for those and you can start over. ONLY KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of all the advice I have read above, the single most important one to remember is that you can always take material off, but you can't put it back on. If you have no experience what-so-ever in adjusting sights I strongly recommend you let another shooter (one that really knows how to shoot) try and verify what you have thought. Then take that information to a competent gunsmith and let them take the responsibility of fixing your issue. It will be less expensive in the long run.

The first reason is that you are shooting 130 grain bullets when the sights come from the factory regulated for 158's, the standard for the caliber. They are also regulated to where the bullet intersects the line of sight on the way up at approximately 15 yards.

Archived