SASS Wire Forum

non cas pistol info please

Handled one at a show ... wasn't too impressed.

The grip was large and clunky, even worse than a Glock, and the location of the safety lever seems like an afterthought.

Ammo availability is apparently a problem too. A quick check of the usual on-line vendors show none in stock with backorders until next December.

If you want a 30 round pistol for close-in work or plinking consider the KelTec PMR-30.

Granted it's a 22 magnum, but at $550 vs. $1200 and ammo you can find at WalMart vs. ammo you can't find anywhere it would be a more viable choice.

I am perplexed by the lack of ammo thing. I run a AR57 and can get ammo all day long both from the local gun store and off of the Internet.

The 57 pistol that I handled and shot did seem to cheap. Accuracy was great, capicity was great. There where no malfunctions. Just not a hand gun for me. I am running a 57 SBR upper with a GemTech 57 can on it. Pretty neat little setup.

http://www.57center.com/18.html

Handled one at a show ... wasn't too impressed.

The grip was large and clunky, even worse than a Glock, and the location of the safety lever seems like an afterthought.

Ammo availability is apparently a problem too. A quick check of the usual on-line vendors show none in stock with backorders until next December.

If you want a 30 round pistol for close-in work or plinking consider the KelTec PMR-30.

Granted it's a 22 magnum, but at $550 vs. $1200 and ammo you can find at WalMart vs. ammo you can't find anywhere it would be a more viable choice.

Ill second the Kel Tec PMR 30,I Love mine,IIRC it was 375.00 ish. Nicest out of the box trigger on any handgun I have bought in the last ten years,two words Fun and accurate,oh that and I can get all the ammunition I want at Wally World.

Adios Sgt. Jake

Archived