SASS Wire Forum

32S&W rifle

Guest Chief

Guest Chief

I have a friend that is looking for a 32 S&W rifle, I have never seen one, if you have one or know of one for sale E Mail me and I will put you in contact with him Thanks Chief

Marlin made a model 1892 that was convertible from .32 rimfire to .32 S&W long. There is a local cowboy that shoots one. They can be found on Gunbroker for around $600 in good condition.

This would be a good rifle for a shooter who would really want minimal recoil.

Marlin made a model 1892 that was convertible from .32 rimfire to .32 S&W long. There is a local cowboy that shoots one. They can be found on Gunbroker for around $600 in good condition.

This would be a good rifle for a shooter who would really want minimal recoil.

They weren't chambered for the .32 S&W Long. They were chambered for the .32 rimfire and the.32 Short and Long Colt. The .32 S&W is to large in diameter to chamber. Some people have converted them to .32 S&W Long, but you have to be very conservative with loads as the Marlin 92 is basically just a .22 action.

Chief, the only modern gun chambered in a .32 pistol cartridge is the Marlin Model 94 in .32 H&R Magnum. If the ammo is long enough, some of them will feed the .32 S&W Long. They are, however, getting hard to find.

Archived