SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 1894 Cowboy Competition RIfle

Help!

Just got back from range and my son's .38 cal. 1894 CBC carrier will not move. On the carrier there's a small pin with a spring on it (that is pressed on) and it broke... is anyone aware of a gunsmith that can repair/replace the pin on it? OR is there anyone that possibly has a supply of those carriers specific to that model? The Marlin Co. has no parts for this model anymore (already called first thing). Any leads, tips, etc. are greatly appreciated. We need to have this repaired/replaced ASAP because they are training for EOT 2012 (both sons use same rifle).

I thank you, in advance, for your courteous response.

Respectfully...

Nevada Gambler

If that pin (plunger) is still intact and not marred up, it can be fixed rather easy.

If the spring is still intact, you can use it but if that spring has been damaged, you can replace it with an appropriately sized ink pin spring.

THEN, get yeself a 1/8" eclip that will snap into the groove where the washer once held the plunger.

Thats all there is to it.

..........Widder

EDIT: if that plunger has actually broken, you will probably need to get a new carrier. I'm not aware of any supplier for that plunger.

I started to EDIT my post a second time and mention that you had Deuce and Ketchum Quick in Michigan and they could probably help you out.

Deuce beat me to it.

See ya in 2 weeks Deuce! YEEHAW

..........Widder

Archived