SASS Wire Forum

Comancheria Days

Shotglass 17153

I'll add an AMEN to all that Shotglass had to say about the shoot.

I really had a great time even if I didn't get to shoot Sat. Never saw a club more ready and willing to do what they could to make you feel welcome and having a good time.

I'll sure try to get back next year and Rio Concho and I may just try to get back on your and Jack.s posse.

Thanks to everyone there.

Ben Scalped.

PS: The scores are already posted.

I'll add an AMEN to all that Shotglass had to say about the shoot.

I really had a great time even if I didn't get to shoot Sat. Never saw a club more ready and willing to do what they could to make you feel welcome and having a good time.

I'll sure try to get back next year and Rio Concho and I may just try to get back on your and Jack.s posse.

Thanks to everyone there.

Ben Scalped.

PS: The scores are already posted.

Where? I checked the Texican Rangers site and nothing there.

Ghost

Texican Rangers had a great shoot. They sent an email out early this afternoon with the results. Unfortunately I think the website is a little slow to be updated, but for everyone who was there and provided an email address, we know how it came out.

Ghost you would have been proud--we had 11 Classic Cowboys in the match. We had three on our posse with Capt. Juan Riot and Irish Pat joining me in shooting the big bore and hammered guns. And I think I have about persuaded another guy to try out our category.

I understand the Rangers had 166 shooters overall. The scenarios were fun and a little challenging (only 4 clean shooters), but I want to emphasize FUN! The posses ran smoothly even though we had some downranges to fix targets the Cody Dixon shooters seemed to be knocking off the stands regularly. But we all finished in time for lunch each day.

I was really proud of my Posse 8. I called it my Classic Cowboys and Old Farts posse (my wife said that I was a well qualified posse marshal since I was both). I think we had maybe 2 out of 16 who were under 60, but you know they say with age comes experience, and after the first stage or two we were a well-oiled machine. We had folks who couldn't stand long enough or see or hear well enough to count, but everybody found something they could do to move the posse along.

We had a nice little suttler's row to give us some shopping opportunities, and one fellow brought a Gatling Gun that those who wanted to shoot up $20 in about 10 seconds were firing all afternoon after the shoot. The banquet on Saturday night had a giveaway of several guns and awards run by Handlebar Bob, who always delivers a great show while giving our prizes and awards. I didn't stay for the Sunday events (obligations at home), but from the description in the email the Rangers sent out about the events, the couples and team shoots on Sunday sounded like fun, and the Man on Man competition sounded like a pretty intense showdown.

We sure missed you and the other Classic Cowboys shooting in the Raid on Old Fort Parker, but I'll bet the shoot at Fort Parker was equally good.

Hope you will have a chance to come over and shoot with us at Plum Creek soon, if not this coming weekend on April 7, then later this summer.

Ghost you would have been proud--we had 11 Classic Cowboys in the match.

What about us Classic Cowgirls?? Shotglass, Squawty Bawdy, and I were dressed up in our Classic finery and gave each other a great run!

Miss Cubbie

What about us Classic Cowgirls?? Shotglass, Squawty Bawdy, and I were dressed up in our Classic finery and gave each other a great run!

Miss Cubbie

And you in your "classic finery" is a sight to behold. Sorry I wasn't able to see you. How did you do in the Wild Bunch?

You were missed Bad Hand! Hope to see you soon.

Shooting Iron Miller won Ladies Modern Wild Bunch, I won Ladies Traditional.......love that Colt 1911!!

Miss Cubbie

You were missed Bad Hand! Hope to see you soon.

Shooting Iron Miller won Ladies Modern Wild Bunch, I won Ladies Traditional.......love that Colt 1911!!

Miss Cubbie

Congrats to both ladies... that's great!

Well Miss Cubbie, I didn't mean to leave out the ladies. Ya'll were truly impressive. We always love to see you and Shotglass and Squatty Bawdy at the shoot. And we need more Classic Cowgirls who are willin'.

Ghost you would have been proud--we had 11 Classic Cowboys in the match. We had three on our posse with Capt. Juan Riot and Irish Pat joining me in shooting the big bore and hammered guns. And I think I have about persuaded another guy to try out our category.

We sure missed you and the other Classic Cowboys shooting in the Raid on Old Fort Parker, but I'll bet the shoot at Fort Parker was equally good.

Wow!! I'm really impressed with the great turnout of Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls at Comencheria Days, Dave,congratulations on taking 1st Place and how about TEXAS MAX taking 2nd Place! And, Bootstrap Richards taking 3rd! I was there in spirit, but we had a great match at Raid on Ft Parker.

I look forward to the day when we can have an all Classic Posse (cowboys and cowgirls). Maybe at the TEXAS STATE MATCH at Cleburne?

Will until then, God bless,

Ghost

Archived