SASS Wire Forum

Looking for the value of

I have two Marlin 22 rifles and I'm thinking of selling my 1897 Texan to fund another project,but I am not able to find a value for it. Can anyone help me out here?

Dutch cassidy

Dutch, the Standard Catalog of Firearms says 400 to 600 bucks in very good to excellent condition. Probably not a lot of them on the auction sites to look at which would always be my first recommendation, cowrustler

I did look on the "net' and I was only able to find one from 2008 and the seller was asking $650. I asked around here and the best "guesses" were " at least $500" and "$600". I'm sure that the rarity and CAS shooting has put a premium on the Marlin 22 lever action with a 20" octagonal barrel.

I saw one at a Gun Show last Week-end, not a T model. The asking price was $1400.00.

My 1905 is in better condition than the one at the show. It is a tack driver with SV 22LR's.

BTW; do not shoot the old models with Hi-vel 22 LR. They were made to shoot SV 22's only.

There is a bolt issue I understand with the old models. They can be damaged with the increased pressures developed by shooting the Hi-vel's.

Archived