SASS Wire Forum

Illinois state Wild Bunch Match...........

Back 40 #23910 L

The Illinois State Wild Bunch Match will be held on Saturday, March 31 and Sunday April 1st at the World Shooting Complex in Sparta, Ill. Go here for more info: http://sassnet.com/wildbunch/forum/index.php?topic=571.0

I just talked to Cascade Charlie and the Illinois State Wild Bunch Match is officially ON for the weekend of March 31st/April 1st. Soooooooooooooo..................GET THOSE ENTRIES IN ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know if Back 40, Cascade Charlie , and Ten Shot Tammy are going to be there, it has to be a good time. You can count on me to help you guys out wherever you need it.

WW

Well, Mel, you know that there's going to be a contingent from Northern Illinois going down there; how's about holding the rain off? That would be really nice. See ya in @3 weeks.

Thanks Ward for the offer of help, I will need my oil changed that weekend.

Ugly, it will be great to see our Northern Illinois Pards. Even that ugly guy, Shotgun Bandit.

Just did a final cleaning of the W.B. guns and am counting out the ammo per the round count so there's no last minute screw-ups.

Okay folks, here's the deal. With things being the way they are these days, if you even THINK you might want to shoot this match but can'y commit the dollars to it just yet, then send in an application ASAP and pay when you show up.

How's that for a deal?

I will have a chronograph set up at the Kaskaskia Cowboys shoot this weekend. Of course, it will NOT be the official chronograph of MR. CHRONOGRAPH, (Shell Stuffer) but it will give you an idea on your velocity and power factor.

Hey, you Wild, Wild, Wild Bunch Shooters. I'll be handling the Power Factor Testing for this match. (Don't worry, this ain't my first rodeo.) Since I'll be strictly following SASS' rules regarding the PF testing, every shooter will know exactly what is expected. It's so easy even Back 40 can pretty well understand most of it. Yes, I do realize I'll be almost as popular as a turd in a punch bowl. Oh well. Don't worry because this procedure will be much more pleasant than a colonoscopy. We would look silly wearing one of those "gowns" with our hats and boots. What would we name that category?

Please contact me with any questions or concerns regarding the Power Factor Testing.

618-267-6952

Hey, you Wild, Wild, Wild Bunch Shooters. I'll be handling the Power Factor Testing for this match. (Don't worry, this ain't my first rodeo.) Since I'll be strictly following SASS' rules regarding the PF testing, every shooter will know exactly what is expected. It's so easy even Back 40 can pretty well understand most of it. Yes, I do realize I'll be almost as popular as a turd in a punch bowl. Oh well. Don't worry because this procedure will be much more pleasant than a colonoscopy. We would look silly wearing one of those "gowns" with our hats and boots. What would we name that category?

Please contact me with any questions or concerns regarding the Power Factor Testing.

618-267-6952

Dang Shell Stuffer, did your wife show you how to turn the computer on?

JUST GOT WORD THAT SMOKIN' IRON WILL BE PUTTING ON A WILD BUNCH RO CLASS AT THE ILLINOIS STATE SHOOT. AWESOME!!!!!!!! Please let Mose Spencer know ASAP if you want to attend. It will be held on Thursday, March 29 and will cost $30.00.

The class will start in the morning. Not sure exactly...8-9 O'clock and this is a FULL 7 HOUR WB RO class. As I understand it, this is a VERY good class and Smokin' Irons does a fantastic job.

More good news about the match and side matches;

On Friday starting at NOON we will have a Goofy shotgun stage that will be timed.

We will have a 3 magazine speed pistol match.

We will offer a 30 target 2 man team shotgun event.

We will also offer a 3 stage Cowboy Action match. (Yup! a regular SASS cowboy match) So bring your cowboy guns too.

Then on Friday evening on the range...We will have a chili cook-off. Just bring your favorite chili. Doesn't matter if you made it or your significant other made it or if Hormel made it, just bring 1 gallon of your favorite mess that you call chili and we'll all have a good ol' time around the campfire. BYOB

See y'all then....if not before

Sarg, don't you have to go to your Grandma's funeral on Thursday?

Just got off the phone with Smokin Iron. The class starts at 9:00 am and will run to 4:00 pm. Bring ONLY a copy of the Wild Bunch rules (I will make a copy for you if you need one, just let me know) and a pencil and note taking material. NO GUNS. NOTE: YOU MUST BE A SASS RO2 TO TAKE THIS CLASS !!!!!!! SMOKING' IRON IS THE "ONLY" ONE THAT CAN TEACH THIS CLASS IN OUR AREA, SO THIS IS A VERY GOOD TIME TO TAKE THIS CLASS!! Call Mose Spencer to get signed up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Info on WB RO class:

SASS WILD BUNCH ACTION SHOOTING RANGE OFFICER CERTIFICATION TRAINING

WHERE: Illinois State Wild Bunch Match, Sparta, IL

WHEN: Thursday, March 29, 2012

COST: $30.00

SCHEDULE: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

MORE INFORMATION:

Prerequisites for attending this course are:

• Current SASS Member

• Current SASS CAS RO II (this MAY be waived if you are a certified RO in another shooting discipline)

• A complete familiarization with all SASS WBAS training documents

• An understanding of the function and operation of all SASS WBAS legal firearms

Fulfilling the above prerequisites will greatly enhance each participant’s successful completion of the course and allow for continuity and consistency of training as well. If you have any questions about the prerequisites, please email Smokin’ Iron for more information. (steveandmaggie47@gmail.com)

In order to be certified as a WBAS RO, each participant must pass a written and practical test. Those who successfully complete the course will receive a WBAS RO pin.

BEFORE attending the WBAS RO certification training, you should:

1. Copy and Paste this link into your browser: http://www.sassnet.com/Shooters-Handbook-001A.php and print a copy of the SASS Wild Bunch Handbook version 4.2

2. Read the handbook and bring it with you to the training.

3. Bring note taking materials to the training. During the written test you may refer to your notes, but NOT the WBAS Handbook during the test.

4. DO NOT bring any firearms or ammunition to the class.

The course consists of a power point presentation as well as time set aside for questions, a 24 question written test, and a range oriented practical test. All of the test answers are in the WBAS Handbook, so we emphasize that you read and understand the handbook before the class. Course participants MUST PASS both phases of the training to be certified.

If you plan on attending this training, don't snooze! E-mail Mose Spencer at mosespencer@yahoo.com or kalexa3@yahoo.com.

Looking forward to seeing you in Sparta,

Smokin’ Iron

• 3 weeks later...

Info on WB RO class:

SASS WILD BUNCH ACTION SHOOTING RANGE OFFICER CERTIFICATION TRAINING

WHERE: Illinois State Wild Bunch Match, Sparta, IL

WHEN: Thursday, March 29, 2012

COST: $30.00

SCHEDULE: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

MORE INFORMATION:

Prerequisites for attending this course are:

• Current SASS Member

• Current SASS CAS RO II (this MAY be waived if you are a certified RO in another shooting discipline)

• A complete familiarization with all SASS WBAS training documents

• An understanding of the function and operation of all SASS WBAS legal firearms

Fulfilling the above prerequisites will greatly enhance each participant’s successful completion of the course and allow for continuity and consistency of training as well. If you have any questions about the prerequisites, please email Smokin’ Iron for more information. (steveandmaggie47@gmail.com)

In order to be certified as a WBAS RO, each participant must pass a written and practical test. Those who successfully complete the course will receive a WBAS RO pin.

BEFORE attending the WBAS RO certification training, you should:

1. Copy and Paste this link into your browser: http://www.sassnet.com/Shooters-Handbook-001A.php and print a copy of the SASS Wild Bunch Handbook version 4.2

2. Read the handbook and bring it with you to the training.

3. Bring note taking materials to the training. During the written test you may refer to your notes, but NOT the WBAS Handbook during the test.

4. DO NOT bring any firearms or ammunition to the class.

The course consists of a power point presentation as well as time set aside for questions, a 24 question written test, and a range oriented practical test. All of the test answers are in the WBAS Handbook, so we emphasize that you read and understand the handbook before the class. Course participants MUST PASS both phases of the training to be certified.

If you plan on attending this training, don't snooze! E-mail Mose Spencer at mosespencer@yahoo.com or kalexa3@yahoo.com.

Looking forward to seeing you in Sparta,

Smokin’ Iron

Just back from the Wild Bunch R.O. Class! We all passed! Great Job by Smokin' Iron and his wife Honey! You guys and girls shooting this match are going to have a great time. Any one doing Wild Bunch needs to do the class, there's alot of good info.

A new wild bunch R.O. Rudy

Hey all,

Finished up the IL Wild Bunch match yesterday. it was my first time at Sparta. What a nice Facility!

The match was excellent. Great stages, I'd wager everybody had a good time!

Thanks to Cascades Charlie, Mose & Bella and all who helped out and made the new guy feel welcome:)

I am looking forward to the MidWest Classic at Spart!!

Lead Ringer

Well, who won? Enquiring minds want to know!

Honey B Quick won Overall Ladies.

Shell Stuff won Overall Men AND Illnois State Wild Bunch Modern Champion.

Honey B Quick won 1st place in Ladies Modern.

Lady Viper won 2nd Place in Ladies Modern AND Illinois State Wild Bunch Lady Modern Champion.

Scream "N' Squaw on 1st place in Ladies Tradition AND Illinois State Wild Bunch Lady Traditional Champion.

I can't remember who won Men Traditional.

Tenshot Tammy

(using Cascade Charlie's)

To everybody that had a hand in putting on this first Illinois State W.B. match I would like to say "thank you". I know there was a lot of work and aggravation with taking the first baby steps to put this match on; the W.B. matches to follow can only (hopefully) get easier. The stages were well-written and very doable, the target positioning was very good (clear fields of fire to every target), no procedural traps and a nice mixture of movement without being a cross-country field race and, the weather was just the absolute best too. I look forward to seeing all 'ya all real soon at the "Classic". Take care, rest up, there's still a lot of work ahead. (Ha, ha) Trying to bring a smile to all those tired folks what worked so hard so that my pals (old and new) could have a good time.

To those folks who missed the match for whatever reason, try to leave time to attend this match next year, you won't regret it.

Hey Dinger...It was great meeting you and welcome to SASS / CAS east of the Mississippi.

Tenshot and I look forward to shooting with you more in the future. See ya at the Classic.

Cascade Charlie

Hey Ugly,

I too was very impressed with the match. From arrival to departure I was very impressed with all the hard work that went into to making this a great match. Great weather, great stages and a great posse to shoot with. Mose and Bella and every one else involved were the best. Great job folks. Next year I am comming early for the RO course!

You north of I80 boys were a hoot to shoot with and I look forward to seeing Huck and the rest of you soon. Ya'll have an open invite to come down here and we will bust some clays or ring some steel.

Again THANK YOU to the hard working folks who did a great job putting this match on.

Silver Sides

"Get off the couch and get outside"

This match was one Great match! All the Match Directors did an outstanding job and the stages were a lot of fun, yet challenging.

It was great having Smokin Irons and Honey B Quick as our posse leader. We had an AWSOME posse!!!!

Congratulations to all as they were all winners in my book.

And may I say that my Pard Silver Sides is one fine Cowboy and competitor.

Archived