SASS Wire Forum

Any of you wingnutz wanna weigh in on this...?

Both are based on the Swiss build Pilatus PC-9 platform. Both appear to be decent light attack aircraft. If you're flying you want the best platform for the mission.

The bigger question is WHY ARE WE WASTING MONEY providing aircraft to the damn afghans, they just killed two more American's yesterday. I can't say what I really want too, but it is of my opinion to just leave afghanastan as a smoking hole in the ground.

Once upon a time, a while in the past this nation had a "buy American" policy.

We should be buying and using ONLY American designed and manufactured products.

As for the Afghans, send them nothing.

They used to be an ally of sorts.

Now they are pissed because a few korans got burned.

They shouldn't be killing Americans.

They should be careful not to turn this into a real jihad.

Once upon a time, a while in the past this nation had a "buy American" policy.

We should be buying and using ONLY American designed and manufactured products.

From articles I've read, we came reeeeal close to replacing the aging KC-135's (Boing 707) and KC-10's (DC-10) with Airbus platforms.... :blink:

Once again people with not much else to do are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Best piston driven ground attack plane? Douglas A1 Skyraider.

Can carry more than its own weight in ordnance, and I'm sure the blueprints and assembly jigs are still lying around someplace.

As for the Afghans, send them nothing.

They used to be an ally of sorts.

The Afghans are all about the Afghans and not much else. A tribal society in a land whose main cash crop is the opium poppy.

From Alexander The Great onwards nobody has ever invaded and conquered successfully.

It's like a red ant hill - you can't win no matter how hard you swat and stomp them. They'll just bleed you dry, little bite by little bite.

I wonder how the napalm would work against opium poppy fields.

Certainly would piss some of the local drug growing warlords.

Thermonuclear bombs work much better than Napalm, just ask the Japs. Turn the whole place into a 24 hour parking lot that glows in the dark, but first bring home our troops and replace them with all the terrorists and drug dealers we can round up. :angry::angry::angry:

Once again people with not much else to do are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Best piston driven ground attack plane? Douglas A1 Skyraider.

Can carry more than its own weight in ordnance, and I'm sure the blueprints and assembly jigs are still lying around someplace.

+1 for the Spad!

I also vote for the AD-1 Skyraider. best danged CAS aircraft that's ever been built, IMHO.... Load it up.... Hours and hours of time on target. 20MM guns with rockets and bombs exceeding the payload of a WW2 B=17... Low and slow means more lead on target....

Archived