SASS Wire Forum

NIGHT MATCH SPECIAL

Dash Caliber

THIS is the killer of all night match guns...shoot em and cook'em at the same time.. I've included a picture of my just sold 73 spiting fire with 35g's of 1F..Imagine this bad boy with a 70g 1.5oz gamer load...this gun needs to go out west where somebody can get a chance to shoot it at night...too populated on this side of big river. This is the old 2 7/8" 10 ga so 3.5in shells must be cut, loaded and roll crimped.. I got everything to get you started for about 20 or so test rounds you just need a shell vise..that includes wads and cards for your next 75 rounds or so, 10ga shell vise blocks. 10 ga roll crimper for your drill or drill press and an old Lee 10ga loading tool set...I shoot it about once every 90 days to remind me what a man's gun is suppose to be like..my wife likes me better after I shoot it.... it is macho..be advised it will probably cost about .70 cents a shot to load for it, so while not a main match gun... it is an attention getter.

If only it could talk...made in 1892 according to serial number... it is today as it left the factory..except..it came to me with a Coyote Cap 2 drop.. that didn't work all that well but it did allow it to load some into magazine...I've shot quail so far away they lock their wings and crash and the dog looks at you like your nuts...60g of BP and 2 oz of shot is a let em fly a little load.. considering the condition of the nasty bore I was shocked it shot as well as it did... there is NO finish on the gun..nothing inside or out..it is super cool and has style points out the wazoo...then I let Lassiter take it home and he did his magic and now it actually will drop 2 nice and quick...it won't load through the magazine anymore but it is a SASS gun now and not a collector...Coyote did that when he engraved his name in the action... did I mention how slick the old heavy weight is?? This is not your teenage daughters gun..the recoil is nothing like a modern John Browning 3.5 in..In fact if you use a brass shell in a 12 gauge...you could probably beat it. I do not know if a lever would work with a brass shell or not??? I got it this far and would be happy to share all my knowledge in loading for it. All I know is it booms like the cannon it is..It takes any knockdown DOWN with authority...you can shoot over the top and stir up more dust than you belch smoke...and at a night match it actually spits fire all the way to the target.. at close ranges I've had RO's inspect the targets to see if the wad fibers were sticking. The shotgun targets that hang by chains..those are real funny.

Lock Stock and long barrel for $1000 plus actual shipping

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/dashcaliber/Safecleaningphotos021.jpg

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/dashcaliber/Safecleaningphotos022.jpg

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/dashcaliber/Safecleaningphotos023.jpg

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy356/dashcaliber/Shooting.jpg

IF your belly is not too big I might throw in a little canvas belt for your shells that Purdy Gear made for me.. I'll make some more pictures if you are so inclined.

I wish I had a thousand laying around...I've lusted over this gun for years :)

It is a great price from a great Pard, I envy the new owner to be.

Click...damn....BANG

Dash Caliber, Please send a pic of the butt stock area, and more so one of the bore., and shot belt size.

I am on the edge... Please send to: Jones-USA@wesdawn.com

Thanks, "Chili" Wolf

Dash Caliber, Please send a pic of the butt stock area, and more so one of the bore., and shot belt size.

I am on the edge... Please send to: Jones-USA@wesdawn.com

Thanks, "Chili" Wolf

Hey Chili..Sorry for the delay..weekend, family, church..back in the world..get that handled for you tonight.

Archived