SASS Wire Forum

Old Trading Post Gun Leather

Bama Red

My son-in-law is considering this rig for his first CAS rig:

Old Trading Post

I've got no experience with them and am not familiar with the company. Any advice or experiences appreciated.

Bought a rig from them a few years ago. Good heavy grade of leather that was very well made.

Quick shipping, and excellent customer service. I would have no reservations about ordering from them again.

Go for it.

Kajun, he says that's what he wants. He is aware of the 170o rule, and the need to "do the dance" to always keep the muzzle downrange when drawing and holstering with a crossdraw and is still interested in the rig. At that price, if he doesn't like it, it is an inexpensive lesson learned and he can order a second strong side holster to replace it.

Kajun, he says that's what he wants. He is aware of the 170o rule, and the need to "do the dance" to always keep the muzzle downrange when drawing and holstering with a crossdraw and is still interested in the rig. At that price, if he doesn't like it, it is an inexpensive lesson learned and he can order a second strong side holster to replace it.

Cool....if that is what he wants. I know you'll give wise counsel and he can make his decisions with good info. But PLEASE....don't ask him to shoot that soot that you shoot :)

Krazy (whose lungs have just got cleared out from shootin' with you at Ambush) Kajun

Ummmmmmmm.........too late!!

The first match I took him to he shared guns and ammo with me - full case BP loads in all four guns. Only break he got is that he shot the 97 and I took the double hammer SXS! He claims he enjoyed himself :rolleyes: , but... <_< ...he's decided to shoot smokeless! :lol: :lol:

Ummmmmmmm.........too late!!

The first match I took him to he shared guns and ammo with me - full case BP loads in all four guns. Only break he got is that he shot the 97 and I took the double hammer SXS! He claims he enjoyed himself :rolleyes: , but... <_< ...he's decided to shoot smokeless! :lol: :lol:

Now there is a smart SIL. Be grateful, "Bama. Your folly didn't rub off on him. :lol:

Archived