SASS Wire Forum

EMF '92 Rossi

Six-Shot

I have a pre-top bolt safety (half cock like the original Winchesters had) EMF '92 Rossi Hartford model in .45 Colt that I would like a quality race-gun action job done to. Beside Nate Kiowa Jones (a.k.a. Steve Young), who is 10 months behind due to recent illness, who can you recommend?

TIA

Six-Shot

I have a pre-top bolt safety (half cock like the original Winchesters had) EMF '92 Rossi Hartford model in .45 Colt that I would like a quality race-gun action job done to. Beside Nate Kiowa Jones (a.k.a. Steve Young), who is 10 months behind due to recent illness, who can you recommend?

TIA

Six-Shot

Send it to Jim Bowie at the Cowboy and Indian Store in Santa Ana Calif. EMF is also in Santa Ana and lots of '92's get slicked up here. Give him a Call, they advertise in the Cowboy Chronicle. Just sayin'

Big Jake

I didn't want to send mine out so I did the next best thing. I ordered Nates DVD and I brought it a local gunsmith that I trusted and he watched it, came back to me and said he could do that. He did the gun works like a charm. All told the mods cost me about $225 including the cost of the DVD which came with a new mag spring and the aluminum follower. I'm very pleased. A friend of mine did the mods himself after looking a the video a few time, no problems.

Just sayin!

Frenchy

I didn't want to send mine out so I did the next best thing. I ordered Nates DVD and I brought it a local gunsmith that I trusted and he watched it, came back to me and said he could do that. He did the gun works like a charm. All told the mods cost me about $225 including the cost of the DVD which came with a new mag spring and the aluminum follower. I'm very pleased. A friend of mine did the mods himself after looking a the video a few time, no problems.

Just sayin!

Do

Frenchy

Frenchy, I'd like to talk with you about it the next time I see you at a shoot. Are you shooting with the Harvard Ghostriders or Kinnicum White Mountain Regulators on October 15th or 16th or with the Danvers Desperados on the 20th? Do you still have the DVD? Maybe I can do it myself.

Thanks

Six-Shot

Send it to Jim Bowie at the Cowboy and Indian Store in Santa Ana Calif. EMF is also in Santa Ana and lots of '92's get slicked up here. Give him a Call, they advertise in the Cowboy Chronicle. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Thanks Jake. I'll give 'em a call.

Frenchy, I'd like to talk with you about it the next time I see you at a shoot. Are you shooting with the Harvard Ghostriders or Kinnicum White Mountain Regulators on October 15th or 16th or with the Danvers Desperados on the 20th? Do you still have the DVD? Maybe I can do it myself.

Thanks

Six-Shot

I'm in New Brunswick Canada, I'd love to shoot out your way some day, for now I have to work for a living. :)

We're just along the eastern border of the state of Maine.

I still have the DVD though PM me.

Frenchy

I'm in New Brunswick Canada, I'd love to shoot out your way some day, for now I have to work for a living. :)

We're just along the eastern border of the state of Maine.

I still have the DVD though PM me.

Frenchy

Thanks for the offer Frenchy. I got you confused with a pard' by the name of Lefty Cannuck that I have shot on a posse with down this way. I found a guy who is going to do an action job on the'92 for me who lives about 60 miles away. Thanks again. Check out NortheastCAS.com if ya' ever think about shootin' cowboy down this way.

Six-Shot

+1 on Nate's video. I did the work myself, after watching the video a couple of times, and then having it on a laptop beside my gun vise. It took me about a week, but part of that was waiting for a day off, so I could use my friends bench grinder.

Anyway, mine went from a gritty 9 or 10 pound long hammer pull to a nice sweet 3 to 4 pound pull. And everything else works too!

Archived