SASS Wire Forum

Crosman Model 187 Pellman

Texita Draw  SASS#77940

I have a very sentimental old Crosman Model 187 Pellman CO2 operated .177 rifle.

It is in really good shape but because of its age ?? it will not hold pressure. Does anyone have any pointers, websites or contacts you can direct me to before I tear into it?

I will be searching tonight for a manual to see if it has a parts diagram.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

I can add pics if they would be helpful in any way.

I've got a Crossman 180 (the 22 bolt action)that was leaking at the cap. I found that you can get spare O-rings at the hardware store that will fit fine. Just carry it in and match it to the closest size (it think it was a #5 on the set I got mine from but that was 20 years ago). The problem I was having was the o-ring was expanding so much that it was slipping out o the groove in the cap and I was losing the seal. Never really understood the why's or how's of what was happening but I'd pull the cap immediately after losing all the CO2 and find the o-ring swelled up and stretched big enough to pop itself off the cap. After a while, it would return to it's normal size and work fine- for a while. That's when I bought 4 or 5 of the things and just rotated them as needed.

Archived