SASS Wire Forum

Memories of Pres Carter's brother

Doc Windshadow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14712656

Obama uncle Onyango Obama arrested for 'drink-driving'

US President Barack Obama's uncle has been arrested on suspicion of drinking and driving, authorities have said.

Onyango Obama, 67, said he would call the White House to arrange bail, after being stopped on Friday in the US state of Massachusetts, says a police report.

A half-brother of the president's late father, he is being held without bail, subject to an immigration order.

Police said the Kenya native was arrested after driving through a stop sign and nearly hitting a police car.

Mr Obama was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and failure to yield the right of way.

'Argumentative'

He pleaded not guilty over the incident in the town of Framingham, about 20 miles (32km) outside the city of Boston.

Framingham police officer Val Krishtal said in a written report that when stopped Mr Obama was slurring his speech and argumentative.

"I explained to him that I narrowly avoided striking his vehicle, and he told me that he did not hear my tyres screeching so I was not being accurate," Mr Krishtal wrote in the report.

According to the report, when taken to a police station and asked whether he wanted to make a telephone call to arrange bail, Mr Obama said: "I think I will call the White House."

Mr Krishtal said Mr Obama had failed several breathalyser tests.

In a court document, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement said it had previously made Onyango Obama the subject of a deportation order.

Maybe we'll be lucky and get a 2 for one deal out of this. Watch it just go away and disappear.

shenny

The last thing I want to do is give the impression I'm rushing to the lamestream media's defense..But it was reported several times yesterday morning..

Probably the last we'll hear of it though, mebbe a quick blurb to report the outcome..I guess they're obligated to report it..Can't help but wonder how heavily it would have been covered had it been someone else.. :unsure:

Also can't help but wonder iffn' they let him make his phone call.. :lol:

The local press reported the incident with no reference to the "White House" call.

The last thing I want to do is give the impression I'm rushing to the lamestream media's defense..But it was reported several times yesterday morning..

Probably the last we'll hear of it though, mebbe a quick blurb to report the outcome..I guess they're obligated to report it..Can't help but wonder how heavily it would have been covered had it been someone else.. :unsure:

Also can't help but wonder iffn' they let him make his phone call.. :lol:

Heck, I'm wondering if the White House accepted the charges.

Archived