SASS Wire Forum

What do you "Carry"?

Kimber ultra compact in 45acp withe crimson trace grips. used to carry full size 1911 till I got my compact. Long time ago I used to carry a s&w model 59 9mm. Then I found 1911's. havent looked back. I even have 1 of those marlin camp carbines tha used 1911 mags.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would always have a Keltec P3AT in a pocket holster. Sometimes if the weather and clothes were right, I might even stuff a Colt 1911 Combat Commander in a Crossbreed Super Tuck. This fall, I might even make use of my new wool vest from King of the Mountain (shameless plug for a friend, not an advertisement).

That's IF I had a gun.

GW

I don't think I'd be much help in your gunleather making . If I were to own guns and carry them I'd choose guns that were left hand friendly. A S&W 32, or even a Colt Police Positive with the barrel cut to 2", a bobbed hammer and a narrowed triggerguard. Think of a Frits Special but with a narrowed triggerguard insted of a cutaway guard so I wouldn't shoot myself in the butt when sticking it in a back pocket. Then there is a Polish Makerov that I'd leave the right handed safty off on so it would be like shooting a double action revolver for the first shot. I'm an armored car guard so I carry every day. Carried a 1911 for the past two years but had to switch to a double action auto because of the company lawyers. Now I carry a P38 made at Walther in 1944 by slave labor. My way of saluting those Poles, Hungarians, Checzs, and Jews the Nazi's worked to death, not to mention thumbing my nose at the Company Lawyers that took my 1911 out of my holster. Have I mentioned that I have athority issues? At least I do when the athority has no clue as to what they are regulating.

Bugs

I don't think I'd be much help in your gunleather making . If I were to own guns and carry them I'd choose guns that were left hand friendly. A S&W 32, or even a Colt Police Positive with the barrel cut to 2", a bobbed hammer and a narrowed triggerguard. Think of a Frits Special but with a narrowed triggerguard insted of a cutaway guard so I wouldn't shoot myself in the butt when sticking it in a back pocket. Then there is a Polish Makerov that I'd leave the right handed safty off on so it would be like shooting a double action revolver for the first shot. I'm an armored car guard so I carry every day. Carried a 1911 for the past two years but had to switch to a double action auto because of the company lawyers. Now I carry a P38 made at Walther in 1944 by slave labor. My way of saluting those Poles, Hungarians, Checzs, and Jews the Nazi's worked to death, not to mention thumbing my nose at the Company Lawyers that took my 1911 out of my holster. Have I mentioned that I have athority issues? At least I do when the athority has no clue as to what they are regulating.

Bugs

Well, there's always "Those People" who are different :rolleyes:

Archived