SASS Wire Forum

What do you "Carry"?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.380 Ruger LCP...or .357 Ruger SP101...or on occasion, Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt.

Got one fist of iron.

The other of steel.

If the right don't get ya.

Then left one will. :o:huh:

Yeah, but after loading sixteen tons, they get pretty tired.

I don't carry a gun for protection but I do have a real bright flash light that comes attached to a SR9C. wink.gif

A flashlight is a good thing to have, and that SR9C probably keeps it from getting lost.

A 1911A1 45 auto........................

All the time...even ifin my workplace will not allow it.

Do it anyway.

I bought an HK P7 PSP thinking that it would be the uber carry pistol. While it is a fantastic shooter, due to its size and weight it hasn't been able to replace the Keltec P-11.

Yup, being all steel, it's kinda heavy.

If I owned any of those evil firearms, which I don't, I'd probably carry either a Ruger SP101 in a Simply Rugged sourdough pancake holster, a S&W Model 65 in a Lobo Gunleather SL1, or a S&W Mountain Gun in an O'Rourke hi rise pancake...

You would have to catch me first :rolleyes:

I could not catch anybody right now. :huh:

Thinking about making "Carry Holsters" want to know what guns to build them for.

That's great. Hope they do well.

I know they will be made good.

B)

S&W 642 airweight .38 P+

Yeah... that's what I would have considered... iffin' I did carry B)

I only did open carry once... In the late 60s I had a job for about 6 months (flying into small airports all over New England at night picking up the used checks and cash from small town banks and delivering to Boston Logan near dawn to pass them over to an armored car for processing etc at the Boston Fed Reserve) in those days I had a Colt .357 with a 6" barrel in a shoulder holster... while this might have technically been CC in the winter when it was under my jacket, It was still large heavy and a nuance ... when I decided to CC I went for small and light rather than BSP(Best Stopping Power) and infact till the mid 80s I used a Colt .25ACP that was my Gt grandmothers before WW I... The PPk I now carry fits my needs and is still small and light enough that it never gets left behind unless I am going somewhere (like court for Jury duty ) where CC is not allowed...

No matter how wonderful the gun or its ammo; something that goes bang no matter how small; is better than something that is left at home because it is too heavy or large to be concealed with ease.

Windy

Thinking about making "Carry Holsters" want to know what guns to build them for.

Jack, that would be cool. If you need a tester I'm left handed and if I carried it would be an HK USP C or a Taurus PT99af. Frame size is similar enough that both might fit the same holster if the barrel length was long enough for the 99. I have a belt slide I guess they're called that fits both, but am interested to try a good IWB at some point. Cheapy clip ons that collapse when the gun is drawn are a pain.

You ever try your hand at pocket holsters?

I don't own any guns, and would never dream of carrying one, even if I had CC permits from Florida and Minnesota. But I know a guy who carries a Walther PPs .40 or a Ruger LCP or a Ruger SP101 depending on clothing. His Ruger LCP fits nicely in the rear pocket of his Wranglers, the PPS fits in a inside the waist band tuck-in concealed holster, and the SP101 fits a small of the back holster nicely. Boy, is he weird.

The O'Meara, Himself.

340 PD... the best wheel gun w/ crimson trace grips is what I want when I get all bigger.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Perty much carry two Springfield longslides these days...

And my carry rig is two shoulder holsters...

ts

I currently use 2 firearms for my carry. A Glock Model 17 loaded with 124 grain JHP Plus P's by Winchester and a Smith and Wesson Model 640 loaded with Winchester .357 Magnum 110 grain JHP's. How weather limits the Glock carry.

I have a few .45's, a Colt Government Model and a Smith and Wesson Model 4516. I love my 1911 but it hiccups occasionally as all 1911's do, even the ones worked over by top pistol smiths. My Glock has been 100% reliable in almost 10,000 rounds fired through it. No failures to feed, extract or eject and the 9MM in Plus P (I wouldn't load with 147 grain subsonics for anything but targets as they are the worst stoppers this side of ball ammo)loadings actually work in real gunfights, contrary to armchair commando's rantings.

If I ever really needed to carry concealed....and I really looked into it....well, I suspect I'd lean toward the S&W M&P .40 Compact.....especially after shooting most of the compacts on the market to see which one I shot best....I would never buy without doin' my research.....but I'd never do that.....except....well....maybe..... ^_^

Chick

A model 36 S&W in .38spl. if I was to carry and sometimes in the summer a Kel-Tec .380 in a pocket holster. Those MIGHT be my choices!:unsure: Rye

Archived