SASS Wire Forum

Safari Company Recommendation

executioner

Howdy all, I don't normally make such recommendations, but as Rose and I talked to all the different outfitters for a Safari in Africa, it sure would have been nice to know someone who had a great experience and learn from them. We used East Cape Safaris in South Africa, Grant Abramson and his wife Sareen are the owners. Rose and I could not have asked for a better time, we were treated professional, warmly and kindly by all. The hunting and photography is incrediable and you just don't have to worry about a thing with Grant, he takes care of everything. All costs are included except for tips. Others don't include the Government tax, that is 14% so watch for that. It really doesn't have to cost as much as you might think, he has all sorts of packages available or will put a custom package together. You can contact them at info@eastcapesafaris.co.za and ask any questions, if you want, tell them Patrick and Rose recommended them, I know they will take great care of you. Feel free to ask me any questions about the trip as well. We have never been treated to kindly before anywhere, it could really spoil you. Patrick aka Executioner

Had some requests for a few photos, so here you go. Guys and gals, the trip to Africa on Safari with East Cape Safaris, really doesn't have to cost as much as you think it will. He has management packages that really aren't to expensive at all. Anyway, here are a couple of pics, Patrick aka Executioner

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/sharpsshooter/163.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/sharpsshooter/076.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/sharpsshooter/048.jpg

Just checked out the web site, seems like the prices are extremely reasonable. Especially if one has checked out Colorado, Montana or New Mexico guided elk hunts.

Not heading out for africa anytime soon, but what had always seemed an out of reach dream may well be with in my grasp.

Howdy Capt. by all means, give Grant an email, tell him I recommended you, I know he will take care of you. We actually booked our safari 1 1/2 years ago and started making payments, so when it came time to go, it was all paid for. Grant is fine with that. He even has a US contact for funds so you don't have to send money to Africa, it will be in Grand Junction Colorado, which is kind of nice. His management hunts can also include 1,2,3 or how ever many trophy animals you want, again to keep the cost reasonalble. I would recommend the Delta flight, direct from Atlanta to Port Elizabeth (thru Johanisbury) instead of the over night in Jo Burg. The Delta is a little more, but you don't spend the night (and money) in Jo Berg. Good luck. Patrick

My wife, Cantina Rose used a T/C Pro Hunter in 300 Win Mag, using 165 gr Hornady GMX and I used a Weathereby MK V in 340 Weath. Mag with 225 Barnes TSX both worked very well. The 300 win mag, 300 short mag and so on are pretty highly thought of. Shots out to 320 yards or so are not out of the question. So a little more velocity is a good idea for longer range. X

You can rent their guns, but using my rifles was kind of a big deal for me. We used this outfit called Air 2000 (Hunter Support) for 160.00 they got the gun permit for me, both guns in my name so we only needed one permit. They also picked up at the airport. But you can do it yourself at the airport where you check in your guns. We will be getting 9 mounted I believe and most likely done in South Africa. His work looked good and he was about 2700. less than the guy here we priced. Will take about 8 months or so once we send the money. X

Just checked out the web site, seems like the prices are extremely reasonable

Waterfowl $ 30-00

Doves $ 10-00

Rates seem extremely high for wing shooting. Wonder why?

Not sure about the wingshooting, I think thou they have to take you to other areas for birds, but I never actually asked about that. But you want to look at a overall cost, his animal costs are similar to others, some a little less, some a little more, but he doesn't charge for extras. Some outfitters will charge for liquor and even laundry, your laundry is done everyday, pressed and folded for you, no charge. I got an add yesterday for two turkeys in Nebraska, it was 2400.00, so I don't know, hunting Africa really doesn't sound to bad to me.

Hey Karma, Max is going great, thinks he has to have a cookie after supper every night, don't know where he got that idea, Rose probably!

These folks are great people to deal with and a true family run operation, yet very professional. I probably doesn't cost as much as you think it will either. That does depend on which animals you pick of course. Give them an email or me if you have any questions. A great time, had by all for sure. Patrick

No, I have not received nor asked for a thing. I thought I was trying to help someone looking for a Safari Company. We were so pleased with the service we recieved, I thought people might benefit from knowing that. Patrick aka Executioner

Hello Executioner,

Nice animals. I just got back from South Africa 6 days ago, and am looking forward to going back. I took my 8 year old granddaughter and daughter so we did a few more girly things than the first time but enjoyed every day.

It's great to experience Africa through young eyes, and to watch the little one get up on an elephant or zipline over waterfalls with no fear! I have the greatest picture of her walking up a road with an 8 month old lioness beside her, and another with her sitting in the grass surrounded by two cheetahs at a rehab center.

She was remarkable, but grandma did take a few days to hunt. I got a Warthog, Springbok, Impala, Black Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest, and a White Blesbok. The Blesbok is absoluetly gorgeous, and our safari company was great. This is the second time that we have used them and would certainly recommend Qwela Safari Company.

Anyway thank you for sharing your pictures, and story. I certainly enjoyed reading about your great adventure. Katie

Archived