SASS Wire Forum

EOT long range

Dash Caliber

Anybody know or can point an old cowpoke to the information of........

What is the scenario and ranges for a long range lever gun shooter at EOT??

Not too long at all as I seem to recall, but it's been 5 year or so since I attended. May have changed since then.

anyways here's a bump for the question, surely someone knows...

The last time I shot ('09) they were about 100-120 yds but small (6-8").

Ghost

The last time I shot ('09) they were about 100-120 yds but small (6-8").

Ghost

Holy Moly, I would shoot that with match gun....I was talking about

45-70 rifle....but I do appreciate the answer and the other fellows bump....I was expecting longer in the wild wild west

Holy Moly, I would shoot that with match gun....I was talking about

45-70 rifle....but I do appreciate the answer and the other fellows bump....I was expecting longer in the wild wild west

Sorry, but EOT just is not the venue for a "true" long range rifle shooter. Ain't about the Wild West, it's about available space and time to make it happen at EOT. EOT's version is usually a contest of "speed shooting" a long range rifle. Fairly quick loading, and shooting for your best score in a limited amount of time. If you want to shoot something like that, make sure you know precisely where the gun shoots from 60 to 150 yards, and you should be able to compete.

Many of us would like to see it put on as a more conventional rifle match, but that would probably take buying another ranch nearby, given how the current ranch space has been cut up for various uses.

Good luck, GJ

Archived