SASS Wire Forum

Disrespecting War Memorials

Politics aside.

I have been keeping up with raw footages and pseudo reporting of the WI rally. One caught my attention is a video of ralliers hanging posters and piling materials around and on the War Memorial in the WI State Capitol. What is worse is that they tried to defend their disrespect.

When asked about their actions one answered that they didn't know it was a memorial, another said the hangings were on posted on the back and not the front (thinking that was okay) and another tried to impress authority by saying she has built many memorials and this was okay because of the cause.

I don't get it.

There's a couple things here that are quite evident. First of all the complete lack of respect for anything that doesn't mean anything to them. I saw no concern on anyones face about the fact they were disrespecting a war memorial. At another time these same people may be protesting the war. That may be their right but there are proper ways to do it.

Secondly they didn't even react to the possibility that they would be putting themselves in a bad light by what they were doing to this memorial.

Kind of tells me there aren't many if any veterans in these groups!!

Not meant to be political, just observing!!

I understand that my service was partally to protect the right of all Americans to be free to say what they please. I respect that right despite the fact that I think these teachers are acting like spoiled children that have been given an F and are throwing a tantrum. However, I don't think it is asking to much to expect the same respect for those that have fought and died to secure that right for them.

Bugs

:angry::FlagAm:

Archived