SASS Wire Forum

Swiss Vote - Pump rifles

hannie

So I see the Swiss rejected the gun at home ban.

What was interesting is one of the proposed categories to be banned was pump rifles.

Anyone have a clue as to why?

I believe if I remember correctly pump shotguns are also banned many places including in Australia.

I am interested in what the supposed logic is.

So I see the Swiss rejected the gun at home ban.

What was interesting is one of the proposed categories to be banned was pump rifles.

Anyone have a clue as to why?

I believe if I remember correctly pump shotguns are also banned many places including in Australia.

I am interested in what the supposed logic is.

Logic? We don need no stinking logic!

Pump shotguns ain't actually banned in Australia, but they are HEAVILY RESTRICTED to a point that very few of us can legally have and use them.

Here in New South Wales pump rifles are available without any special extra requirements.

I read about this in the newspaper this morning. I have alway been under the inpression that the Swiss were neutral because peoples like Hitler and Mussolini were not tempted to go after a country that has weapons under every bed or other storage place. Now with automatic weapons that makes it even worse for the invaders. Yeah, I remember "RED DAWN".

shenny

A while back I remember seeing an episode of "secret passages" or something like that about the preparations the Swiss had made and the nazi reactions to them.

Swiss had roadways that were connected to hidden hangers for aircraft.

Bunkers with antitank guns and such that covered most of the approaches into Switzerland.

Deep Deep bunkers as both survival and fighting positions.

I recall that the show made the point of saying that the nazi's realized it would be very costly adventure to attempt to pass into Switzerland.

So they didn't.

I don't recall anything about the italians wrt Switzerland.

To be effectively neutral you must be well armed and not afraid to use it.

Pump shotguns are regarded as military arms by several European countries.

Probably Browning's fault: the 1897 became the "trench gun" in WWI and pumps have ever since had military and police function, alongside sport. Wide use of pumps as bird guns in the US is not a widespread practice elsewhere.

Archived