SASS Wire Forum

Dual strong side Buscadero rig limitations?

Tombstone Jim

Greetings all, I've read and re-read the SASS handbook trying to figure out what one can, and cannot shoot, with a dual strong side Buscadero rig? Please forgive me, I'm new to the sport and I'm still shopping for gun leather. Your collective suggestions are much appreciated.

Respectfully.

Tombstone Jim #70794

I am assuming you mean which category will allow this type of rig. The only restriction I see is in Classic Cowboy, where I beleive the grips of the pistols have to be above the top of the belt. Refer to the shooter's handbook for specifics on this. Other than that the buscedaro is legal in all other categories and almost required for B Western.

I am assuming you mean which category will allow this type of rig. The only restriction I see is in Classic Cowboy, where I beleive the grips of the pistols have to be above the top of the belt. Refer to the shooter's handbook for specifics on this. Other than that the buscedaro is legal in all other categories and almost required for B Western.

That's the way I read it, too.

What do you mean by "Dual" strong side? If by that you mean two holsters on the same strong side, I don't believe that is allowed. If you mean one holster on the strong side and one on the weak side, the previous posters are correct.

G'day,

......... this is also on my mind, both handguns on the same side of your body is not "allowed" .....

I think he ment holsters hanging for a double dualist or gunfighter instead of a strong side and a cross draw. Gunfighters are both strong sided since both pistols come out at the same time.

According to the Shooters Handbook page 16 Buscadero is only one possibility for holster rigs.

Leather: Buscadero holster rigs or drop holster rigs. (All of the revolver(s) must be carried

below the top of the gun belt.) All belt and holster rigs must be embellished (fancy

stitching, conchos, spots, or tooling). All holsters must be of the “Double Strong-Side”

type. No crossdraw, shoulder rigs, or butt forward configurations allowed.

Archived