SASS Wire Forum

WTB Parts for reloading

I have press but need dye for .38 and powder thrower and scale If i need more parts let me know i am very new to this.

I have press but need dye for .38 and powder thrower and scale If i need more parts let me know i am very new to this.

The first item you should acquire is a good reloading manual, such as those put out by Lyman or Hornady. Some, but not all of the tools and equipment you will need are a powder measure, reloading dies, powder scale, micrometer, and funnel. Depending on your press, you may also need reloading trays, a hand primer system (if your press does not have a method of priming the case), and shell holders or shell plates.

You will also need equipment for case preparation. You'll need a tumbler, or sonic cleaner, media and (depending on the dies you have) case lubrication.

As far as supplies, you'll need powder, primers and bullets, as well as empty brass.

These list may or may not include everything you need...your mileage may vary. :)

I'd highly suggest you talk to some of your fellow club members and perhaps visit with them to get an idea of what equipment you'll need. Reloading has been a big part of my hobby life for 30 years, but I am thankful I learned from an individual who took time to show me the proper methods.

Best of luck,

Archived