SASS Wire Forum

Colonel Dan runs tight posse at THE LAST STAND.......

Johnny The Kid , SASS 22917

Yea, the Colonel once again kept his troops in line, orderly and ever so proper...all went well, however his one failing is that he spent so much time looking over our score keeper's shoulder (Senorita Sprinkle Buns aka Shannon).....don't know why the good Colonel thought he should keep such a close eye on the sweet Senorita, but for some reason he felt the need to do so. Anyway, with his preoccupation on the Senorita and her attributes, he failed to calm me down as I headed into the 10th stage clean as a whistle....only needing to whip the dreaded wowy - zowy to get my clean match. The Colonel's job, as a good and commendable superior officer, was to tell me to slow down and remember "4-1-1-4", but he failed to do so, and allowed me, his Regimental Litigation Trickster, to completely disremember the sequence and suffer the dreaded "P".... I refuse to accept that this lapse was my own fault. I am a VICTIM of the Colonel's obsessive penchant for scorekeeper's attributes. I will be requisitioning a set of Regimental Blinders before next year's Last Stand for the good Colonel.

Johnny The Disrememberer.......

Johnny, let me see if I understand. 9 year old Throwdown shot it correctly. 15 year old Dominator shot it correctly. Duc McCandless who couldn't even see the targets for the BP smoke shot it correctly. Even Gun Dawg who is the MOST distractible one on the Stealth Posse shot it correctly. In fact, of the 15 people on our posse all but our beloved Litigation Trickster shot it correctly. And some how the fault mine? Yep, that would be my conclusion too! ;)

Soldier on Counselor and try again!

Sir, as the Stealth Posse’s Lead Scout, while out in front cutting a trail for others to follow, I too noticed Senorita Sprinkle Buns standing in the shadows of stage 10. The sun was shining through her hair making it look as if it were made of gold; her period correct outfits making her even look lovelier than the Rose of Alabama. So I can see how the elder more feeble troops in our Posse could be distracted and forget their mission and responsibility to the Posse without guidance. But, unfortunately Johnny failed to notice her hombre, Senior Zipper standing next to her.

As the Lead Scout I found it my duty to worn the others in the Posse. So I left behind a sign for others to follow, which you boldly did, but that dumb Dawg swapped places with Johnny and threw the good karma of the Posse off. I believe he also did this on Stage 9, causing Senior Zipper to have a squib in his rifle.

Now Sir, I'm not one to complain, but what did you do when a soldier risked the security and even the karma of the unit? We shot them. Sir it's time to put the Dawg down it's for the good of all. He's had a good run, accumulated an ample amount of chewy toys. But he no longer serves a purpose to the Posse!

Sincerely,

Wigley, The Lead Scout

Guest sawyer#34250

I can't believe that Col. Dan was negligent in his duties. Always a stickler for perfection he is. I would assume that any attention given to the fair lady was an attempt to help her insure that the costume was properly positioned, fastened and buttoned as required, and her posture was correct. To suggest that Col Dan had any other motives would be improper and undignified!

If he had a momentary lapse in his focus on the Posse's perfomance, I can only venture that perhaps the wind blew his hair into his eyes and he was re-combing it to maintain proper bearing and appropriate dignity for a man of his position and stature.

As for you, Johnny the Kid, a simple question--3000 years from now, do you think anybody will care whether you shot a clean match or not? Remember one of my teaching points from Sawyer's Shooting School--there are two ways to shoot a clean match. You can hit them all or you can miss them all. Each is as difficult as the other!!!!

Archived