SASS Wire Forum

Scoring Programs

Smokey Shayne

Does anyone know of a scoring program that will allow you to rank score only by category? What I would like to be able to do, is score each category seperately based soley on the shooters in that category. I thought this might be simple, but so far it doesnt look like it will be... It may not even be possible without a lot of effort.

Thanks

You could do it with Excel, but it would be largely manual - and then you would discover that it is not a good idea.

rank scoring works best with 40, 50 and preferably 100 or more shooters. With a small number of shooters, total time works better.

Does anyone know of a scoring program that will allow you to rank score only by category? What I would like to be able to do, is score each category seperately based soley on the shooters in that category. I thought this might be simple, but so far it doesnt look like it will be... It may not even be possible without a lot of effort.

Thanks

If you're relatively proficient with either Lotus 1-2-3 or Excel spreadsheet programs, they can be made to do it... It's what the "macro" function is for. In the days before canned scoring programs we (er... my wife) did it all the time.

As for the canned programs... contact Wildshot at the SASS office, he'd know.

http://www.hootenoldtown.com/alanbillips/files.htm

In the "Club Information" section you can choose what way you want to rank.

I do not suggest using Rank in catagory. But if you want to see the difference, you can choose the normal way and calculate the scores. Then change to rank in cat and calculate the scores again.

Archived