SASS Wire Forum

What size screwdriver for Magazine Plug screw for EMF1892

The Incognito Bandito

I am the new papa to an EMF/Rossi 1892 Hartford in .45 Colt. I absolutely LOVE this rifle. Say what you will about an 1892, I don't care.

Anyway, I want to take good care of my baby from the start, and just want to know what size screwdriver I need for that tiny little screw at the end of the magazine tube so I can gain access to the magazine spring in case of a jam, etc. Looking at Midway and Brownells with all the different sizes of screwdrivers is making my head swim.

Thanks a bunch!

Gregg

TW already said it; one that fits. If you don't want to go the whole bit-set route, take it to your local blacksmith and ask him which of his bits fit. Each is only $3 and will last as long as you take care of it--most of mine are over 20 yr old and still straight (I bend and break the cheap ones!). My .02; good luck. mm

Hey Pony,

The magazine plugs for the '73 and the '92 are entirely different. The plug for the '92 doesn't screw in and out. I've never figured out why winchester put a screwdriver slot in the plug to a '92.

Wintering Well???

Coffinmaker

They make other guns besides a 92?

=======================================

Yep, but I don't think any of 'em, especially Marlin, can beat a 92 for reliability. Just my .02 worth.

Archived