SASS Wire Forum

Can A GunFighter really compete?

Marshal Max Henry

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bit, but quite a bit of that was the palsey in my hands that has continued to worsen. I just can't hold a gun stable anymore, even with 2 hands.

The second part is indeed unfortunate.

The second part is indeed unfortunate.

Yup. Some days are really good and others really bad. Doesn't seem to be anything in particular that will allow me to figure out when it'll be ok. Ah well. I guess that's what I get for all the damage I've inflicted upon myself.

Yup. Some days are really good and others really bad. Doesn't seem to be anything in particular that will allow me to figure out when it'll be ok. Ah well. I guess that's what I get for all the damage I've inflicted upon myself.

I'm really sorry to hear that. You were a pretty good gunfighter as I recall. Hopefully you'll get it figured out soon.

La Gata Loca

I'm really sorry to hear that. You were a pretty good gunfighter as I recall. Hopefully you'll get it figured out soon.

La Gata Loca

Nah, it's from nerve damage and osteo-arthritis. There's no cure for this one.

I did write a short article for my web site on the transitions: http://www.jspublications.net/tips/GFTransitions.html

Wow, I've lost a bunch of weight since I shot those pictures!

That is very similar to the technique I use. However, I have some monor variations since I pick up my shotgun with my left hand and load shells with my right. I tend to pick up my rifle with my right hand. One of the comments I used to get a lot from other gunfighters was asking how I kept things straight if I didn't always start with the same pistol every time. I told them just learn to count no matter what your hands are doing and you'll be fine :FlagAm:

Archived