SASS Wire Forum

Who's Looking forward to 2008?!

Howdy all!!

So this will be my first EOT ever and my first big SASS event. i went to the maryland event in october but i just joined SASS in October with the Girlfriend and her family. They all do mounted shooting but im not experienced on a horse enough yet to mosey on over to hat section, so i'll prob be on my own quite a bit for the ground shooting section. I'm really lookin forward to it and wondering who i'll have the privelage of meeting? Sorry if this is wayy to early but im already in the "I WANT IT TO GET HERE ALREADY" mood. lol. B)

No, I don't think you are too early to get excited. EOT is a big deal at a big, nice range facility, kind of like a cross between an extended family reunion and a circus. Plus anything you ever thought, maybe for just a second, you might need in SASS will be for sale there...as well as the genuine necessities you just gotta have.... B)

If you are new to SASS shooting (in other words you haven't done a regional, for example), I would encourage you to think about doing the Wild Bunch match either first, or in lieu of, the main match. Your posse, in the main match, is about guaranteed to have a high "seriousness" factor compared to even a state match. Just my two bits after attending last year, seving as a waddie, and just takin' it all in. I'm not saying the posse won't be fun; I am just saying that some shooters will be pretty wrapped up over winning a "world championship."

If you stay for the Sunday shoot off of champions, you are gonna see the best of the best in action all together, and I'd pay money to see it again if I had to (but it's free so ya don't).

Of course, you could waddie the first time to EOT and have just fun, no pressure, for a dollar a day and found (food). Trust me, you will earn it, though.

Shortstroke

Yep...already getting excited about my third time going to EOT. This will be my second year of shooting, only watched the first year. That was a mistake, but I had only been shooting for a couple of months. Hopefully the nerves wont give me as much trouble this year.

EOT this year will be FUN B) I am looking forward to a whole week of shooting. The Wild Bunch match the first weekend. (Not for those not familiar with 1911's in 45ACP!!) Then the side matches, (since EOT is NO LONGER DQ forward), then the big match the final weekend. Should be a great time with both serious shooters and those just having fun. I think the WB match will be more serious than the main match since only serious 1911 shooters will participate. The main match will have the usual number of characters B)B)

M.M. SASS is working on making official guidelines for a "Wild Bunch" category. They should be in the Feb. Chronicle. The WB match at EOT will be 12 stages shot on Sat. and Sun. the first weekend. The stages will NOT be the same as the main match. The WB will be 1911 in 45ACP, 12 gauge '97 shotgun and rifle in 38-40 or larger. All WB shooters will be possied together as they will shoot the stages different than regular competetors.

Of course, you could waddie the first time to EOT and have just fun, no pressure, for a dollar a day and found (food).  Trust me, you will earn it, though.

Shortstroke

1078826[/snapback]

Have fun at EOT,

just don't work for that Shortstroke guy.....he's a back breaker and he'll work you till you drop! B)

SS nice seeing you and Bea in Vegas......take care of the leg and have fun!

LLC-D

Hi Slick Vic

That will allow you to get stuck into some of that moonshine you fed me up on in the carpark when we left you some shotgun ammo last EOT. B)B)

Hope to see ya there. B)

Looking forward alright. This will be my 3rd, 2nd as a shooter and the best is my wife Tart N Terror will be going and 2 other couples from here. We are renting a 5th wheel so we will be on the ranch and ready for the Dooley Gang parties B)

1083966[/snapback]

Slick Vic,

stay up towards the top and find some waddies to take care of you!

Have a good time, I can't make it this year and I'm going to miss everyone who is there B)B)

LLC-D

Awww shucks, O' Fearful Leader, you'll still have us, THE DAMMITTS.

We'll keep you busy here in Norco, (The Paris of the Inland Empire.) Besides only you can make sure the palm trees don't burn this year.

Y-D

Slick Vic,

Have a good time, I can't make it this year and I'm going to miss everyone who is  there  B)  B)

LLC-D

1087175[/snapback]

Slick Vic,

Have a good time, I can't make it this year and I'm going to miss everyone who is  there  B)  :wub:

LLC-D

1087175[/snapback]

Man sorry that your not going so does this mean no buffalo burgers for breakfast? B) . Who will keep the waddies in order B) . A good pard of mine Lt Danel Lee is going to keep a space for our Trailer beside him and Sandy. They only live 18 mile from the ranch which is their club ground.

I'll be there to keep the Waddies in line, just like I have for the last 8 years.

At least I HOPE Drago lets me do it.

I'm also looking forward to EOT. I get to see old friends and meet new ones.

Just remember there is ONE rule

HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS POSSIBLE!

I am looking forward to going to 12 SASS shoots. As I have made it to exactly THREE in the past two years (due to being overseas), 12 will be enough to make me smile big-time.

I am also looking forward to my new job, where I will work four days a week. Every weekend will be a three-day weekend! WHEE!! Camping, more distant SASS shoots sometimes, hiking with Bubbaroo and Moonbeam, shooting at the local range. Like I said before, "WHEE!!" B)

Archived