Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Taper Tools coming to your neighborhood


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

Cowboy Edge is sponsoring some upcoming matches where you’ll be able to lay hands on the Taper Tool and see if it fits your needs.
These are the shoots where you can see it and possibly win one or buy one.

 

Wisconsin State Championship 

   Reckoning on the Rock May 30-June 1

 

Tennessee State Championship

   The Regulators Reckoning May 30-June 1

 

Indiana State Championship

   Ambush in Paradise June 7 -9

 

Canadian National Championship 

  Saskatoon Saskatchewan August 1-4

 

Illinois State Championship

  Illowa irregulars  Milan, IL August 16-18

 

Riverboat Red of Red’s Specialties will have some with him at these events:

SW Regional, Hell on the Border April 24-27
Iowa State Championship May 24-26

ND/SD State Championships June 13-16

 

you can always go to Cowboyedge.com to purchase or contact Average Joe joe@cowboyedge.com

 

Thanks!!

 

 

IMG_0386.thumb.jpeg.ab32d91f78951c2a0202f6540765f6ba.jpeg

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How long does the Taper Crimp on the shotgun shell last?

Does it loose it's shape in time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use the $80 Quick loader and find on my many times reloaded STS hulls the taper does fade over time. I did some old once fired AA hulls for Ellie and they were still tapered today since last fall. I usually just taper them when getting my stuff together for a match. That way I only have to do a few boxes at a time and they've been fine at the match. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Black Bart Sr said:

How long does the Taper Crimp on the shotgun shell last?

Does it loose it's shape in time?

They start relaxing pretty quickly. It’s the properties of the plastic shell.  They still have a noticeable taper after a few weeks, but I have my tool mounted on my cart and use it one or two stages ahead.  Some people do them a week or more beforehand and still have great results. 

I’ll post some pictures tonight of fresh and old ones tonight if I can remember 

Average Joe

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will they work well in a 1887 level action shotgun?

Will that make the shotgun shell too long?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Black Bart Sr said:

Will they work well in a 1887 level action shotgun?

Will that make the shotgun shell too long?

The length doesn’t change. They work fine and 87.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2024 at 9:21 AM, Average Joe said:

They start relaxing pretty quickly. It’s the properties of the plastic shell.  They still have a noticeable taper after a few weeks, but I have my tool mounted on my cart and use it one or two stages ahead.  Some people do them a week or more beforehand and still have great results. 

I’ll post some pictures tonight of fresh and old ones tonight if I can remember 

Average Joe

On the left is a factory AA out of the box

In the middle is a shell done just now

on the right is one from about 1-1/2 weeks agoIMG_0848.thumb.jpeg.aa882bb6320aa31a4390b03756459577.jpeg

Edited by Average Joe
Wrong wording
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2024 at 10:12 PM, Average Joe said:

Hello everyone

Cowboy Edge is sponsoring some upcoming matches where you’ll be able to lay hands on the Taper Tool and see if it fits your needs.
These are the shoots where you can see it and possibly win one or buy one.

 

Wisconsin State Championship 

   Reckoning on the Rock May 30-June 1

 

Tennessee State Championship

   The Regulators Reckoning May 30-June 1

 

Indiana State Championship

   Ambush in Paradise June 7 -9

 

Canadian National Championship 

  Saskatoon Saskatchewan August 1-4

 

Illinois State Championship

  Illowa irregulars  Milan, IL August 16-18

 

Riverboat Red of Red’s Specialties will have some with him at these events:

SW Regional, Hell on the Border April 24-27
Iowa State Championship May 24-26

ND/SD State Championships June 13-16

 

you can always go to Cowboyedge.com to purchase or contact Average Joe joe@cowboyedge.com

 

Thanks!!

 

 

IMG_0386.thumb.jpeg.ab32d91f78951c2a0202f6540765f6ba.jpeg

 

Our State match doesn’t start until May 30 but we sold 3 at our monthly match last Saturday, very nice product.

 

Randy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 4/17/2024 at 10:12 PM, Average Joe said:

Hello everyone

Cowboy Edge is sponsoring some upcoming matches where you’ll be able to lay hands on the Taper Tool and see if it fits your needs.
These are the shoots where you can see it and possibly win one or buy one.

 

Wisconsin State Championship 

   Reckoning on the Rock May 30-June 1

 

Tennessee State Championship

   The Regulators Reckoning May 30-June 1

 

Indiana State Championship

   Ambush in Paradise June 7 -9

 

Canadian National Championship 

  Saskatoon Saskatchewan August 1-4

 

Illinois State Championship

  Illowa irregulars  Milan, IL August 16-18

 

Riverboat Red of Red’s Specialties will have some with him at these events:

SW Regional, Hell on the Border April 24-27
Iowa State Championship May 24-26

ND/SD State Championships June 13-16

 

you can always go to Cowboyedge.com to purchase or contact Average Joe joe@cowboyedge.com

 

Thanks!!

 

 

IMG_0386.thumb.jpeg.ab32d91f78951c2a0202f6540765f6ba.jpeg

 

We will have some available at the Tennessee State Championship next week!

 

Randy

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have seen a couple of other versions and they all have some type of bracket to mount to the Rugged Gear cart. Have you thought of some way of mounting it to the cart? 

 

Thanks

 

TM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, I am going to try to get one from Boom Pop this weekend if he is at the match. I will just mount to a board for now.

 

TM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.