SASS Wire Forum

For Sale: REDUCED Pair Pietta 1851 Navy .36 caliber Black Powder revolvers and pair .38 Colt/Special Kirst Konverters from Chronicle articles

Five pairs of CAS pistols is too much! For sale: A pair of Pietta 1851 .36 caliber Navy black powder revolvers, one 7.5" and 5".  Included are two Kirst Konverter sets, so you can convert them to cartridge revolvers. These are the two pistols I used in the Kirst Saber River Cowboy Chronicle article.  They come as  percussion revolvers, and have the Kirst 6 shot .36 Colt / Special conversion cylinders with gate and ejector assemblies separate. 

They have original boxes and paperwork, and come with 500 rounds Starline .38 Colt Brass, and about (500) 150 grain hollow base, round nose, Bear Creek  .357"Bullets that obdurate into the percussion .375" bore. (see my articles in the Chronicle for details.). These bullets can be used in standard .357 bore revolvers and rifles. (see photo below for my .38 Colt load next to original .38 Colt with 150 HBRN bullet) Both cylinders have .375' throats so you can also load the original heeled base bullets. Several reproduction .38 colt boxes like the one pictured are also included.  (Some of those are included, too) I am selling you two black powder percussion revolvers, and sending the Kirst Konverter in separate packages so you can convert them.  Price $950 with shipping.  NO TRADES!  Contact me by private message.

IMG_3285.jpeg

PaIR38LC(1).thumb.jpeg.db5d8cf6505e65fcc383b8f118745397.jpeg

My38LC.thumb.jpeg.b6f23c44c102c8719ccfd4c5601a266e.jpeg

RRFlat2023.thumb.jpeg.15d24099ad3d8476044bc39d67fc5c87.jpeg

Edited by Tuolumne Lawman 6127
  • Like 5

• Tuolumne Lawman 6127 changed the title to For Sale: Pair Pietta 1851 Navy .36 caliber Black Powder revolvers and pair .38 Colt/Special Kirst Konverters from Chronicle articles
Posted (edited)

These only work with hollow base bullets: i.e. 148 HBWC or the hollow base 150 like the ones that I load with the 150 HBRN from bear creek.  The percussion have a .375" bore. Ten-X (now defunct) was the only one commercially producing the 150 HBRN loads.  Buffalo Arms is loading them using the Bear Creek bullets, the last I heard.  Read my .38 Colt Article in the April Chronicle.  I cover loading .38 Colt in it.

Edited by Tuolumne Lawman 6127
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 11:38 AM, Tuolumne Lawman 6127 said:

These only work with hollow base bullets: i.e. 148 HBWC or the hollow base 150 like the ones that I load with the 150 HBRN from bear creek....

To be clear, you will definitely get the best accuracy with hollow base bullets, but you can shoot regular .38's in them (max OAL 1.42").  Due to the relatively big/close targets at most clubs these days, my '61 Uberti with a Kirst cylinder has not had a miss in the 5 matches at 4 different clubs that I used it.

You won't beat the fast Ruger guys with these, but you will have plenty of style points!

• Like 1

True, I have shot standard Black Hills .38 Colts with solid bullets, and they hit the plate every time at usual SASS match range.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Tuolumne Lawman 6127 changed the title to For Sale: REDUCED Pair Pietta 1851 Navy .36 caliber Black Powder revolvers and pair .38 Colt/Special Kirst Konverters from Chronicle articles