SASS Wire Forum

SPF Blued Ruger 44-40 44mag convertable 4.6 barrel

I am getting out of the 44-40 business, keeping my 44mags. Bought this gun off of gunbroker. Bluing and case hardening looks great on the gun. There are some scratches on the frame where it says Ruger.  See the pic.  Throats have been opened but the cylinders on this gun are tighter than on the Uberti I shot it with.  Might want to hone them some.  I never shot Black Powder in them. The springs are what was it when I bought it but having bought new Rugers these are lighter. Feels like about 19#?  I have been watching these on gunbroker. Bad for me they are not selling for a lot. I have seen them NOT sell for $650 so...here are the options for buying this great revolver.  All prices include shipping. My shipping is $30. If you live somewhere that cost much more than that we may need to adjust the cost. I feel like I could sell the 44mag cylinder for $150-200 so that will be reflected in my prices.  The 44mag cylinder came in a bag of parts and had some rust I cleaned it up and cold blued the effected areas. See the pic for the worst spot on the cylinder.

Revolver alone, no 44mag cylinder $570

Revolver with both cylinders $690

Revolver with 44-40 only and the 200 pieces of unfired starline brass $650

Revolver both cylinders and brass $765

Gun ships with your choice of grips, wooden one on the gun or the fake ivory one. Check the picture. The white grips have the Ruger emblem crooked on one side.

If gun alone sells I will post the other items seperately but not until the gun sells. Thanks for looking!  I am in East Texas if you want a ftf.

IMG_20240205_191815332.jpg

IMG_20240211_150653481.jpg

IMG_20240211_150704036.jpg

IMG_20240211_150720901.jpg

IMG_20240211_150811836_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240211_150843021.jpg

Edited by Doc Moses
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Deacon Doug said:

How much for just the 44-40 cylinder?

DD

If I sell the revolver without the cylinder I will post it with a price but right now it is not for sale seperately.

4 hours ago, Jackson Haller said:

What does the front sight look like under the brass?  Was it shaved?

( I also noticed the price drops on GB; 45 colt also dropped.)

It was filed down.  Not ridiculously low but I had some misses so I took it to the range and with my loads It was hitting low.  I put in the brass cover and did not have to file at all to get it back on target...with my loads.

8 hours ago, Deacon Doug said:

How much for just the 44-40 cylinder?

DD

Just tried to message you. It would not go thru. The revolver sold without the cylinder. I can do $120 if you r interested.

• Doc Moses changed the title to SPF Blued Ruger 44-40 44mag convertable 4.6 barrel