SASS Wire Forum

Wtb outlaws in 44-40

Finally talked our insurance agent into shooting sass this year. He had one condition, that is he wants to shoot 44-40 Remington clones.   So I need to source a pair for him. He's  early 30's with a young family so used is highly important.   

Full disclosure I'm the ffl he's going to be transferring them to, but I'm not making anything in the deal. He's a good friend I'm trying to help.

• Like 4

Insurance guy, huh? So he can send me the money, and then I'll decide whether or not it's enough, and if I'm going to actually send him any guns based on what someone who knows nothing about guns says. Then I'll send him another bill at the end of the year, because I might have sold them to someone else for more, even though I didn't. If he decides not to buy my guns, I'll fine him for non compliance at the end of the year That's how it works, right? 

Kidding aside, I do actually have a pair, I'll send you a pm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dallas McBoomboom said:

Insurance guy, huh? So he can send me the money, and then I'll decide whether or not it's enough, and if I'm going to actually send him any guns based on what someone who knows nothing about guns says. Then I'll send him another bill at the end of the year, because I might have sold them to someone else for more, even though I didn't. If he decides not to buy my guns, I'll fine him for non compliance at the end of the year That's how it works, right? 

Kidding aside, I do actually have a pair, I'll send you a pm. 

Generally I have the same opinion of insurance companys.  However getting insurance to cover a small gun shop is nearly impossible.  He went way out of his way to find us a policy that we could actually afford.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, El Sobrante Kid said:

Desired barrel length?

5 1/2". But it isn't critical. He's not going for speed, he's more into the clothes and historical aspect. His rifle is a 30" and he's going to shoot an original hammered Remington shotgun

13 minutes ago, King Medallion said:

I love my .44s, been my main pair for over a dozen years without a hiccup. I'm a little confused as to why an FFL holder is asking where to source a gun?

Remingtons1-10-231.thumb.jpg.ca36a3c65fd89b30938b335116a0f3fe.jpg

It's pretty simple. I can order him new ones no problem.  But as most know used are generally cheaper than new believe it or not new guns don't have the markup most think they do. Plus used sass guns generally have all the bugs worked out and are smoother than factory.

Edited by evil dogooder
  • Like 2