SASS Wire Forum

SOLD - WINCHESTER 1897 MODEL E 12G *SASS READY* - SOLD

Robyn Gold

Split up- SASS ready 1897 12g & 1873 45L 

Got both of these from SASS folks a while back. They have just been in a gun safe and I am working on thinning out those now. 

WINCHESTER 1897 E model 12ga pump. 20” barrel.  Serial number lookup shows it was originally made in 1931. $900 plus s/h

UBIRTI CIMARON 1873 45L slicked up. Octagon barrel. Case hardened. Short stroked.  $1000 plus s/h ***SOLD***

Shipping will be actual cost to you. Make sure your FFL will accept shipment from a private seller. I will include needed paperwork. 

IMG_4267.jpeg

IMG_4268.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Leroy Luck said:

Has that rifle been converted to shoot 45 cowboy special?

it shoots the 180gr just fine (boxes pictured) if that is what you meant. I wish I could remember who I bought this from but its completely ready for SASS competition. 

The ammo you have pictured is 45 cowboy special. 

No 73 can feed them without a modified “elevator”. It would have left the factory only being able to shoot 45 colt or 45 scholfield. The only way to feed from the magazine tube is the modified carrier/elevator. 

Robyn, look down inside the brass carrier (elevator) and if you see a small spring-loaded folding plunger on one side, then you have the special carrier needed to shoot those rounds.  The gun will not accept regular 45 Colt ammo in that case unless a standard carrier is installed.  The special carrier could also be sold separately and would be easy to sell.

Was this rifle perhaps set up for Mounted shooting?

58 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Robyn, look down inside the brass carrier (elevator) and if you see a small spring-loaded folding plunger on one side, then you have the special carrier needed to shoot those rounds.  The gun will not accept regular 45 Colt ammo in that case unless a standard carrier is installed.  The special carrier could also be sold separately and would be easy to sell.

Was this rifle perhaps set up for Mounted shooting?

hmm I dont think I see that in there. Its been in my safe for a couple of years, it may be that the ammo was for a pistol I had then. Could have sworn it was for the rifle. Sorry for the misinformation though. I will edit the original post. 

oh and not sure about if it was setup for mounted shooting. Its been too long lol

IMG_4276.jpeg

IMG_4277.jpeg

Okay, then most likely you shot that ammo in the pistols.  If you were not a mounted shooter, then most likely the rifle wasn't set up for that.  The picture with the open lever does show that the rifle has a short-stroke done to it.

• Robyn Gold changed the title to WINCHESTER 1897 MODEL E 12G *SASS READY* $900+S/H
  • Robyn Gold changed the title to SOLD - WINCHESTER 1897 MODEL E 12G *SASS READY* - SOLD

Archived