SASS Wire Forum

Redding Pistol Powder Measure Micrometer

Hawk Eyes Hudson

Howdy Pards,

I hope the 4th of July treated you and yours well!  I had purchased a Redding Powder measure with dual micrometer chambers.  One for pistol and one for rifle.  I was using the rifle meter only for bench loading.  When I decided to load 30-30 Win. rounds I was informed that on the bullet in use I could load a cowboy load of Titegroup 8.0 gr.

I could hardly wait.  Brass and bullets arrived and when I swapped the meters out the Pistol meter fit right in but when I tightened down the locking knurl screw the whole system locked up.  I read instructions to no avail.    Time to call Redding.  Just ship it in and we will warranty.  Two weeks later no reply.  Called and spoke to the tech guy I was working with and he said the hole for the knurl locking screw was off on that model and this was causing the problem.  We appreciate you pointing this out!  When will I get my new part.  Not sure.  The machine that checks measurement for that work is broken down.  We are having to fit them by hand.  No time line for return of your part.  Said it would be new but not blued as original.  I must not be the only one?

I know this was long winded but needed to relate the story.  Has anyone out there had this problem with the Redding pistol micrometer insert for the Redding Model 3 Powder Measure (With Both Chambers)Kind of disappointed with Redding.

Hawk Eyes Hudson

No, my 20 year old Redding measure works just fine with rifle or pistol stem.  Drops full charge loads to +/- 0.1 grain on most powders.

They will make it right, but I am sure the waiting is painful.

good luck, GJ

Archived