SASS Wire Forum

Howard Sheldon aka Howie Rocks

Backup keyboard player for a bunch of bands and singers, C&W, R&R, pop / teeny bopper, and almost every other genre..

Howie lived in Prescott Valley, AZ across from the house we bought.  He died a few years ago and I never really got to know him, but I just found out he was pretty well known.  

Have any of you heard of him? 

I remember you telling me about him.  I’ll likely do a little research on him next time I’m exploring my music library.

I'd forgotten about him (never did get to know him very well) but I hired his housekeeper about a year before he died and she told told me that his kids were selling some of his stuff. 

I got curious and decided to ask if anyone knew him or knew of him.

On 6/25/2023 at 12:40 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Backup keyboard player for a bunch of bands and singers, C&W, R&R, pop / teeny bopper, and almost every other genre..

Howie lived in Prescott Valley, AZ across from the house we bought.  He died a few years ago and I never really got to know him, but I just found out he was pretty well known.  

Have any of you heard of him? 

He was in a band in Chicago in the 60’s called Evenings breezes and they won battle of the bands in 1968 and while he was in Arizona he was in a band called metropolis. He only went by Howie Roxx here in AZ… 

Several mentions on Google and some YouTube videos!

Yesterday was actually the 2nd anniversary of his passing and I stumbled on this… it was so good.. my dad lives on through his music. So thank you! Soo much! 

7 hours ago, Tams said:

As I said, I didn't know him well even after seven years.  We'd talk at the mail boxes every so often and he seemed to be very pleasant man.  A lot of that time he was ill and I didn't see him for weeks.

I remember when the Arizona monsoons flooded his living room.  He seemed to take iti n stride, though.  I wouldn't have done as well. 

I went to his memorial service in Dewey and it ended in the worst rainstorm I've seen outside of the Pacific.  I probably met you there.  I'm the guy who lived across the street and one house north.

His housekeeper, Becky, works for me now and the folks who bought the place are amiable enough.

I'm sorry I didn't get to know him better and I'm truly sorry for the loss you suffered.

To 

Archived