SASS Wire Forum

Sad news today

I'd like to share this one with you both...

I listened to it again and again 2 years ago when our 6 week old grandson was called back to God.

And again, a month later when my 90 year old father was taking his last breath....

It had such a cleansing peace each time I played it. It still does.

https://youtu.be/GjzDNwuA96M

Wanted to send Susie a virtual hug, from a virtual friend today.

Praying for added peace and much needed comfort after the most emotional weekend one can go through.

All is done, remember God's promise, and smile with the memories .

Thanks,SS. We got through it pretty well. The funeral home did a wonderful job getting Sandy ready. She looked pretty good for a deceased person. Casket spray Sue picked out was fantastic. Roses and carnations fashioned into an American flag. Sue sang to her sister at the service and didn't miss a note, which is more than I can say( The Rose). Plus, She  did it accapella! Sandy was a vet and did qualify for honors at the grave side. Since I don't have front teeth, I couldn't render TAPS for her so it was done with the electronic bugle( not my favorite). Our church out did itself for the family dinner afterwards. We had SOOOO much food left over, ended up sending a lot of it home with our younger son and his family. I made hot dogs tonight and rewarmed some of the parsley potatoes we kept for supper. We finished dealing with Sandy's stuff from the nursing home, we had donated her clothes to the home that she had up there so we only had about four boxes of stuff to go through including her lock box which had their Grand Mother's engagement ring that has been handed down for generations. Made from two different rings, it originated in England during the Victorian Era. We've got her V.A. originated scooter which had hardly any use on it, which Sue can really use since her COPD won't allow her to walk very far when we go to stores. Just have to get a hitch and carrier put on the hamster-mobile to haul it around.:blush:

1 minute ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Thanks,SS. We got through it pretty well. The funeral home did a wonderful job getting Sandy ready. She looked pretty good for a deceased person. Casket spray Sue picked out was fantastic. Roses and carnations fashioned into an American flag. Sue sang to her sister at the service and didn't miss a note, which is more than I can say( The Rose). Plus, She  did it accapella! Sandy was a vet and did qualify for honors at the grave side. Since I don't have front teeth, I couldn't render TAPS for her so it was done with the electronic bugle( not my favorite). Our church out did itself for the family dinner afterwards. We had SOOOO much food left over, ended up sending a lot of it home with our younger son and his family. I made hot dogs tonight and rewarmed some of the parsley potatoes we kept for supper. We finished dealing with Sandy's stuff from the nursing home, we had donated her clothes to the home that she had up there so we only had about four boxes of stuff to go through including her lock box which had their Grand Mother's engagement ring that has been handed down for generations. Made from two different rings, it originated in England during the Victorian Era. We've got her V.A. originated scooter which had hardly any use on it, which Sue can really use since her COPD won't allow her to walk very far when we go to stores. Just have to get a hitch and carrier put on the hamster-mobile to haul it around.:blush:

Sounds like a proper home going!!!

So glad everything fell into place!

Hugs!

Archived