SASS Wire Forum

WTB 32-20 rifle for Frontier Cartridge

S.M. All wanted to switch to an original Caliber, so she got 2 pistols. I’m not gonna bring up how I wanted to buy me some 32-20 revolvers 2 days earlier and was told no.  

Not to concerned about stock dings as I will have to cut it for her T’Rex arms.  She only shoots BP (wish I never let her try that) so not looking for ‘92. Found new ‘66 & ‘73 online for $1150 but checking to see if anyone has one they don’t need. 

Has she handled a 32-20 rifle?  They do be somewhat heavy!   Carbines, too.  I'm surprised anyone actually has any new guns in stock and that price you mentioned is excellent for a new '73.  Who knows what you might be offered here, but if the reason you are avoiding the '92 was because of being harder to clean, don't.  The 32-20 will be so clean that the action will need only a minimal attention, and though it can't be short-stroked, the '92 is also a lot lighter to handle.  I have a '92 carbine and a 20" '73 in .32-20, big weight difference!   Anyways, good luck.

My oldest has ‘66 has in 32-20 but won’t let me cut it down for his mom.  I got an original ‘92 (that I hate to take apart) but she prefers a smoother action.  She normally shoots a ‘66 in 38 so not too much heavier. 

Archived