SASS Wire Forum

Police officers in Nashville identified

Trailrider #896

Six brave police officers who responded to the Nashville situation have been identified.  All hail to them for their service! But IMHO, identifying them by name is a BAD idea, given we don't know who the perps are...yet!  They should definitely be recognized...by Nashvile PD and the citizens of the city.  But NOT publically now.  Doing this may put them and their families in danger.  Give them promotions and pay raises, certainly.  But they should not have been identified on Fox and other places at this point.

Just sayin'!

They were identified in a press conference, I think by the police chief.

I don't think naming them makes them any more of a target than they already were, SOP already has them off social media and in general public records have them "masked" for home addresses (post-9/11).

I have personally observed those I might identify as Antifa adherents photographing officers in various locations such as the county fair and art festivals.

These officers did right, they aren't paid enough and they won't get raises. At least one will probably never hear as well again. They are heroes, they deserve recognition, and given the type of people they seem to be, they will not hide from evil out of fear. Well, given the type of people they seem to be, they also probably don't need the recognition... But those they serve should not be denied giving it.

Archived