SASS Wire Forum

Saturday Morning Cowboy Music Radio.

Brazos John

While y'all are perusing the myriad of forum topics on your computer on this Saturday morning, you could be listening to cowboy and cowboy classic music.

KPFT.org has different shows with different kinds of music, and on Saturday, it's all Americana, and from 9 to noon Houston time, Roark plays the old stuff, like Jim Reeves, ET & the TTs, and lots of others. And modern stuff like Robert Earl Keen, Townes, and Lyle. There are no commercials, since it's listener-sponsored, so if you like the music and feel like it, you can leave them a tip, or a full contribution. Or, just listen to good music for free.

Parental Advisory: The noon dj, Larry Winters, plays good music, and even though he's a bit left-leaning, he's got some good advice now and then. 

I hope you can listen. I've been a sponsor for a long time.

And at 1 pm Saturday, they have the latest episode of the Montrose Beer and Gun Club.

I listen to all sorts of music.  Back in the 1980s when I was hot for collecting music on compact discs, I picked up a lot of Eric Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, including these two:

FE323105-4AE7-4230-8EC3-81711F1355C3.jpeg

D47DBC6C-FCC9-47B4-BADC-6B3D322ECDBB.jpeg

Archived