SASS Wire Forum

Mexicanish Vegetable Lash-Up

Subdeacon Joe

On the way home from church I was pondering what to make for lunch (breakfast, actually, but technically broke the fast with Communion and the zapivka). I was THIIIIIIIS close to stopping at a taqueria we like to pick up some vegetable burritos.  "Wait!" I thought to myself, "We have refrieds, flour tortillas, cauliflower "crumble," and other stuff at home."  

Came up with this:

Cauliflower & Mixed Vegetable Mexican Filling

½ Onion, chopped

2 Ribs Celery, chopped

1 Large Carrot, chopped,

1 Cup Cauliflower, riced or crumbles

1 TBS Garlic, minced

2 – 3 TBS Taco Seasoning Mix

1 – 2 tsp Chili Powder

1 – 2 tsp Kosher Salt

3 TBS Butter and/or Oil

~1/2 Cut Water

Refried Beans, Grated Cheese, Flour Tortillas for serving.

Heat pan over medium low heat, add butter & oil, sweat onions.  Add salt and seasonings, increase heat and saute’, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning.  Add water, allow to reduce until the mixture is almost dry.

Serve on heated flour tortillas with heated refried beans, grated cheese, or your favorite Tex/Mex condiments.  Enjoy.

================================================================================================================================================================

Obviously change up the seasoning to suit your tastes, same for the vegetable mix. 

Not fully lenten because of the butter and cheese, but those could easily be left out.

1 hour ago, Cat Brules said:

Sounds pretty good!:)

CB

Thank you.  It was right tasty.  And filling.  My wife REALLY liked it, which is why I wrote it down.  

I'm learning to write stuff down shortly after I make it rather than trying to figure out what I did 3 days later.

Archived