SASS Wire Forum

WTB: 1911 mainspring housing

I just last week replaced my mainspring housing with a matte black version sans the lanyard loop.  I got tired of the palm of my left hand getting bruised from slamming magazines into the mag well during wild bunch matches.  I found one on gunbroker.  Good luck.

Buckeye Pete

1 hour ago, Buckeye Pete, SASS # 29941 said:

I just last week replaced my mainspring housing with a matte black version sans the lanyard loop.  I got tired of the palm of my left hand getting bruised from slamming magazines into the mag well during wild bunch matches.  I found one on gunbroker.  Good luck.

Buckeye Pete

I discovered if I tie a short lanyard to the loop it helps guide the mag in. The arch plants the gun in my palm better and helps control recoil. My current 1911 has the arched housing and loop. The new 1911 I have coming is standard A1 configuration and in chrome. I can live without the loop, but the arch is a must have. I'm also looking to get Pearl grips for it but that's in the future.

Think I have one.   You have a flat to trade?     GW

6 hours ago, G W Wade said:

Think I have one.   You have a flat to trade?     GW

I will have a chrome one in a few days, I have a blued one in my workbench, do you want blued or chrome? Neither have the loop...

Found it.  Believe is stainless.  Taken out of new gun, so excellent but no lanyard ring.  IMHO lanyard loop only good for beer bottle opener and I usually do not drink when carrying (LOL).    Blue would be good.       GW

Deal done.  Will try to get package on the stage Monday, but have to take my mother to doctors appointment.   Will send tracking # when gone      GW

PM sent   Part on its way.      GW

Archived